Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • How to vote on this voting thing.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

It’s always the losing parties that advocate change … 😆

julianwilson
    Free Member

…apart from the BNP. I don’t see them winning much and they are well behind the no campaign.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

*reads all the above*

*gives in*

*becomes an anarchist*

poly
    Free Member

It leads to too many hung parliaments and costs a fortune to implement (You will lose the overnight election results as they will more likely take a week or so).

Why will it cost a fortune to implement? We already use STV in Scottish (all?) local council elections, and a form of PR in Devolved Parliament elections. These are not hugely expensive to implement and can be electronically counted to give results in similar timescales to old fashioned human counts.

I’m still undecided. If I vote no will that be taken as I don’t want reform in any shape as I do. But if I vote yes it’s unlikely we’ll get another chance to change it again in the near future.

If the outcome is no to AV it will be decades before the question can be considered again (its just not credible to go back to the electorate all the time with referenda asking similar questions). If the outcome is yes to AV then it leaves the door open for a new form of politics to review its success (and problems) after a few terms (as e.g. happens with devolution) and the potential to improve the format further.

Northwind

chewkw – Member

It’s always the losing parties that advocate change …

Yep, it’s really surprising that the people who benefit from the obvious unfairness of the current system are in favour of keeping it 😆

emma82
    Free Member

Wow, bless you all but i should have stopped with Spooky on the first page, it all sounded so simple and now i don’t know what to do 🙁

kaesae
    Free Member

Why waste your time on politics, no matter what you vote it doesn’t mean jack shit!

Name one government that when voted out wasn’t shown to be utterly useless and incompetent ❓

Politicians are a bunch if thieving lying scumbags! that people still debate politics and by into it at all, to me is beyond madness.

Don’t even waste you time with it, just find something enjoyable to do with the time you would have wasted, playing a game that the rich and powerful dictate the rules too!

All politicians are bullshitters, and all politics is bullshit!

A world leader who’s actions for me sum up the mentality and philosophy of all politicians 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lV6tyt-gWs[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How to vote on this voting thing

……it all sounded so simple and now i don’t know what to do

I always thought giving the vote to women was a daft idea.

It was bad enough giving it to uneducated male members of the toiling classes. Sometimes I truly despair.

Can’t you ask your other half or father to explain it to you ? 💡

uplink
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

It’s always the losing parties that advocate change …

Yep, it’s really surprising that the people who benefit from the obvious unfairness of the current system are in favour of keeping it

Wasn’t it Marx [Karl that is] who encouraged us to enquire “who benefits” when change is sought to enable us to understand the reason for it?

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘How to vote on this voting thing.’ is closed to new replies.