Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to turn off the videos?
  • Flaperon

Is there a way to turn off the videos inserted between posts in the forum? They’re playing automatically and chewing up my data allowance.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Partially, yes. You can disable them in your preferences

Account

But they will still appear and play when a page refreshes or you hit the page from a google search etc.

If there is a way to properly disable them I’d love to know it as they are damn annoying

scotroutes

they will still appear and play when a page refreshes or you hit the page from a google search etc.

Not for me.

Beagleboy

Thank you Mr Rubber Buccaneer. Thank you so much.

a11y

I’ve already got the ‘disable video’ box ticked but videos still appear and autoplay between posts. Damn annoying. Chrome desktop broswer and also Safari iOS.

Mark

The control works by setting a cookie on your device attached to your login cookie. If you have any settings that prevent cookies being set then that could interfere with that.  Also, it’s linked to your login cookie so if you are not logged in the videos will show. Often when accessing the site from an external link it can open the page in a different browser than the one you have logged in with. If that happens you will need to login to your account in that browser. Cookies are browser specific so if you are logged in on Chrome and then open the site in Safari you will usually need to login again. 

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not for me.

Well you are both lucky and special, sadly I am neither 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Partially, yes. You can disable them in your preferences

Well, my stalker has finally broken cover….

Flaperon

That’s fixed it, thanks 🙂

oceanskipper

@rubber_buccaneer same for me. If you click on a link in a thread for example and then the back button you get videos. I’m sure they know this happens its just a stealth way of doing it while pretending to let you turn them off…

Rubber_Buccaneer

I doubt it’s deliberate, just a little gap in the testing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.