• This topic has 61 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • How to stop the neighbour’s cat crapping in my garden
  • globalti
    Free Member

Our cats shit in our neighbours’ gardens and I’d be quite happy if the neighbours squirted them with a hosepipe.

andytherocketeer

place a cucumber near their preferred spots

cats are scared sh*tless of cucumbers

jamesoz

I had a similar problem, to the point where it took real self control to not run Tiddles over on sight. Tried the electronic things, powders, chilli etc. Eventually as above I used my own pee. I pretty much filled a Jerry can Then poured it at strategic points in the garden. Stopped the problem overnight.

Harry_the_Spider

Our cats shit in our neighbours’ gardens and I’d be quite happy if the neighbours squirted them with a hosepipe.

Neighbour would be happier still if the cat didn’t shit in his garden in the first place.

Bark chippings and cat pepper seem to be working. I’m £15 down this weekend because of somebody else’s sodding cat.

senorj

“Eventually as above I used my own pee. I pretty much filled a Jerry can ”
    That’s a lot of pee!
    Jamesoz is Uncle Harvey and I claim my £5.

CountZero

The real problem is the bastard moggy is helping itself to the food I put out for the hedgehogs. I’ve got three plastic boxes arranged in sort of three points of a triangle, with the entrances I’ve cut facing into the centre, and tonight I was in the kitchen and spotted the wretched animal had managed to squeeze into the entrance, which is only about three inches across, and had scoffed not only the kibbles, but the dog food on the plate as well!
    I’m not sure about pissing around the boxes, ‘cos we’ve got to take the tops off to replenish the plates every evening, and I’m not certain how the ‘hogs would deal with it either.
    Little bastard was sat outside my kitchen door this morning, looking like he wanted me to feed him!
    It’s costing me enough feeding the birds and the ‘hogs, but to be feeding someone else’s sodding cat is really getting on my nerves.
    🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

DezB
    Free Member

(thread bump)

I spent £20 on some spiky strips to put on my front garden. Had tried chilli flakes and pepper and that seemed to attract more cat shit. So, my god those spiky things have to work don’t they? How can a cat walk on it? Or why would it when there are other places it could drop it’s load??
    Came down this morning – a turd right on the spikes.
    The adjoining garden has those sonic soundy things on it, so they’re not bothered by those.

I love animals, but I want to hurt this thing, badly. Never see it in the garden though.
    I’m wondering if turfing over the mud patch it likes would work, I’ll never plant flowers on it… do cats shit on grass?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The adjoining garden has those sonic soundy things on it, so they’re not bothered by those.

….or they’re bothered enough by them to avoid your neighbours garden and crap in yours instead?

I believe lion shit is quite effective.

tjagain

HOw about panther shit? You could make a killing here perchy!

perchypanther
    Free Member

I already offered….unsurprisingly there were no takers.

Harry_the_Spider

do cats shit on grass?

yes.

DezB
    Free Member

or they’re bothered enough by them to avoid your neighbours garden and crap in yours instead?

No, they shit in the neighbours garden too.

johndoh
    Free Member

We had a gravel drive at our old place that cats loved to shit in so we bombarded it with curry powder and bleach which eventually dissuaded them. Then we added a border which they loved even more than gravel so we covered it in string, spikes, glittery things, sonic gadgets and curry powder until they eventually stopped using that.

Then one morning I got up to see a cat perched on the edge of a lone flowerpot and dumping right in the middle of it.

We now have a dog at our new house so fortunately we don’t get bothered by cats any more.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Buy a Beddlington Terrier.

Be prepared to dig a cat sized grave in your garden under the cover of night.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

now, this sounds like a bit of silliness, but it actually works…
    Get a 2 litre pop bottle, take the label off, fill with water and leave in the middle of the garden.
    dunno why it works, but it does. Obviously, bigger garden space a couple of bottles out.

DezB
    Free Member

My mum used to have plastic bottles strewn about. Can’t remember if it worked, but I’ve got one in my recycle bin, so will give it a try.
    Then it’s ied mines

swanny853

Plastic bottles haven’t worked for us. Chilli and lion stuff had limited effect. Motion trigged sprinkler works very well but can only be in one place at a time so you have to move it around.

richmtb

Pepper and mothballs (according to my Mum). We used to gets cats shitting in the vegetable beds where I grew up (I’m a sentient root vegetable!). Apparently this worked.

IIRC Coke bottles, with the labels removed and filled with water, on the lawn were for dogs. Theory was the dogs saw a distorted reflection of a dog in the bottle and didn’t piss or shit on your lawn. Didn’t work on cats as they mostly come out at night, mostly.

YMMV. Nuke them from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

towzer

Ebay

Kit car windscreen wiper kit – bout £9
    12v timer relay – bout 5
    Photoelectric sensor bout 5
    Wires, plastic box, 14v drill battery I had lying about
    Installed on cat walk through – traffic now noticeably down

Option 2 – remote and receiver set about 8, add timer relay and wiper kit so you can watch

swanny853

Now that I like. A homebrew bottle rocket derived version was something I’d mooted as winter project- one shot before refill but cheap enough to scatter a few round the garden and saves running a hose.

mcj78
    Free Member

Some comedy gold on this thread

Was in the garden last week & a random cat appeared, rubbed itself on my leg then wandered away & dug a hole in the corner of the garden, shat right in it, then neatly covered it up again and wandered off.

tbh I was impressed by the bravado of the furry shithouse, but also annoyed, so I went to the back door & summoned our resident terror-pomeranian who shot out the door like an really fluffy exocet missile & chased the bugger up a tree.

Our old neighbour had 4 greyhounds which seemed to keep the local cat population at bay – used to see posts on the local fb gossip page about missing cats in the street & wonder if folk knew that the old lady a few doors down had 4 huge natural born cat-shredders tearing about her garden…

If you have no other pets or children wandering around, try some wires attached to a car battery run under a suitably conductive surface – slightest bit of pressure & the circuit completes with electrifying results, seen a video of someone doing it to curb a rodent problem, seemed to work.

DezB
    Free Member

(thread bump) (2)

Cat hasn’t been on the spikes since the first time. Must’ve experienced the prickly underfootness and thought it not worth coming back. Hahahaha! I WIN!!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘How to stop the neighbour’s cat crapping in my garden’ is closed to new replies.