Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How to reduce swelling…….
  • Earl
    Free Member

Landed hard on my ass 2 weeks back. Bruising is almost gone but my ass is still swollen – feels like there is a golf ball under the skin.

I iced for a few days after the accident. Will more ice now make any difference? Has it formed scar tissue below the skin?

woody2000

Haemotoma probably mate, gentle massage will help to break it up. Might take some time though

wwaswas

too late for ice.

*I am not a doctor*

It’s probably a haematoma – so a big lump of blood really.

It’s likely it will be ‘digested’ over time and disappear. Someone on here had one for years though, I think in her leg?

I’d go an see a GP just to make sure though.

slowjo
    Free Member

OTOH…*

*I am not a doctor either

I landed on my elbow a few years back. Massive swelling and it had to be drained a couple of times. I have ended up with a fibrous type thing on the sharp bit of my elbow. Dr says it ain’t going to go away. It only hurts sometimes.

I’d pop off to the surgery to have it looked at though…best thing all round.

Earl
    Free Member

Much thanks everyone – I’ll book something in for this week.

cheers_drive

I find thinking about my gran helps
    IGMC

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah what was that film with the epic line “take away the pain but leave the swelling”?? 😆

Earl
    Free Member

Its not the effect I get when I think of your gran :)))

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ice is best early but still works later. Buy one of those freezer ones as it will be useful after excersize. As above massage and a doctors appointment then physio probably. If you leave stuff like this it can “lock up” / build up scar tissue as posted above. Get on it now.

oldnick

Massage it to break it up, work around the edges and just do a few minutes every day rather than a mammoth sesh (!) which would be very sore afterwards.

I had a whopper years ago in my side, it slowly dissipated but just to be different a flake of bone grew in there (myosotis ossificans). Still bruises if that part of me gets bumped as the bit of bone is like a sharp edged penny. Whilst it’s nice to be ‘special’ I wish I’d known to massage it at the time.

ricky1
    Free Member

I got the same as slowjo,took a tumble and broke my fall with my elbow,mother always said never put your elbows on the table,she was right it feels like an electric shock when I do now,.

maccruiskeen

my ass is still swollen – feels like there is a golf ball under the skin.

Same thing happened to me. it got bigger and bigger then burst and hundreds of little spiders came out

wwaswas

😆

cinnamon_girl

Someone on here had one for years though, I think in her leg?

That’s probably me! High speed crash on tarmac and one of the injuries was a haematoma, the size of a tea plate on the outside of my thigh. It didn’t hurt, was icy to the touch BUT I found that eventually my gait started to be affected.

Insisted on getting it looked at by the hospital, they reckoned it didn’t need draining and a physio would help.

Got a recommendation on here and the physio was brilliant at soft tissue work combined with acupuncture. In addition I had a good few manual lymphatic drainage sessions.

It was recommended that I repeatedly roll a tennis ball over the area. 2.1/4 years on and it’s gone down a bit but reckon I’ll just have to live with a bulge in my lycra!

Seek advice of a good physio would be my recommendation. Good luck. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How to reduce swelling…….’ is closed to new replies.