Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How to Record Your Voice to CD?
  • shooterman

No, not taking up professional singing. I’m trying to make better use of my long work commute and was thinking of recording some techy work stuff and playing it back in the car on the journeys.

What is the simplest and cheapest way of recording your own voice to a cd?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You want to record yourself speaking and then listen to yourself speaking whilst driving? Why don’t you just save it for the car and talk to yourself?

molgrips
    Free Member

Get a PC microphone (or headset), plug it in, open up Windows Sound Recorder (or whatever it’s called these days) hit record and talk. Then take the resulting WAV file, open up Nero or similar, and write it as an audio CD.

Piece of urine.

shooterman

Thanks.

mboy
    Free Member

Download Audacity

It’s a free, audio editing piece of software.

Hook up a mic to your computer, hit record, talk, save as a .WAV or .MP3 file, the burn it onto a CD…

Simple as that!

Trampus
    Free Member

Iirc, windows sound recorder has a maximum record time of 30 seconds. Not much cop for a cd!

Audacity is ideal for your purpose. (though, in order to save your projects in mp3 format, you will require additional software!)

oxym0r0n

(though, in order to save your projects in mp3 format, you will require additional software!)

IIRC you just need to “point” Audacity to the encoder, which you can downlad at the same time for free 💡

BigJohn

I’m sure you can get text-to-speech software which would be even quicker.

Like This

Or why don’t you just text it to yourself and drive down the motorway reading it off your phone, like most truckers seem to do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to Record Your Voice to CD?’ is closed to new replies.