Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How to get itunes onto new Android.
  • duckman

What is the best way of converting now I am no longer an apple fanboy? Also,What music player do folk use? Take.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spotify, Google music or Pandora for me. What do you really mean by getting I tunes onto the phone? All the music? Drag then drop.

jekkyl

What music player do folk use?

doubletwist.
    can’t help ypu convert tunes, I have all my tunes as mp3. I likely suspect you can’t.

DickBarton

If the tunes are all in Apple’s proprietary file type, you’d need to use iTunes to convert them all to another format i.e. mp3.

Once in a different format, drag and drop to your phone using your file Explorer with your phone connected to your computer.

duckman

Knew that wasn’t going to be simple…Bottle of wine for the computing teacher tomorrow.

acidchunks

VLC will play every audio format you can think of.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just drag and drop. iTunes tracks are all in MP4 I think but definatley a format other non apple applications can play. I have no problems playing them. You can also convert to MP3 in iTunes if you like.

Del

i just dragged and dropped. all got picked up by the native player on my phone.

prettygreenparrot

Unless the Apple AAC files are Protected AAC files then they’ll play on many audio player apps.Just drag and drop as many have already said. Spotify makes a lot of sense. But you know you can get the overblown and awkward Apple Music app for Android and keep all your Apple playlists and stuff.

scrumfled
    Free Member

1. Install google music manager on your pc/mac and let it sync your music
    2. Install google music on you android, let it sync.
    3. Play music without worrying, any future itunes changes will be synced.

Cougar

Poweramp is the best music player I’ve found.

DoubleTwist is well regarded and supposed to the the de facto iTunes replacement, though I’ve never used it myself.

CraigW
    Free Member

Vanilla Music is good. Pretty simple, but lots of options to tweak if you want. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.blinkenlights.android.vanilla

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Google Music here. And apparently, it makes the transition from iTunes easy (ie by making your iTunes library available on your phone via Google Play)

Read this

bedmaker

Another music manager vote here. Doubltwist was a crashy mess for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How to get itunes onto new Android.’ is closed to new replies.