Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to get an IT job in Singapore
  • Earl
    Free Member

Want to work in Singapore for a year or 2. How do i go about getting work? Do i need a visa?

furry_marmot
    Free Member

you need an employment pass. which will be given to you automatically once you find a job. I have no idea what your qualifications are or what you like doing, but I would suggest you look at one of the universities – NTU or NUS – or government laboratories – e.g. Fusionopolis or Biopolis – since these places are v. keen on hiring Westerners. I have a contract with NTU, though in research rather than IT. let me know if you want any more details.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

yeah I here the mtb'ing is good there

Earl
    Free Member

Ta furry.

Can you tell me what the main internet job sites are for IT roles?

The employment pass sounds very promising!

A std bachelors degree with 10 years experience in my specialization which is a very much business programming orientated (Account/Manufacturing/Distribution systems).

furry_marmot
    Free Member

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea about job sites for your line of work – I'm a quantum condensed-matter physicist… there's almost no manufacturing in Singapore, it's too small. However, there is an awful lot of Distribution (mainly freight forwarding) due to the colossal port.

a quick google and Singapore IT jobs or Monster look promising. make sure that you really boast as much as possible on your CV, make yourself look incredible and ensure that you have positively glowing references. this is the Singaporean way – if everything isn't overwhelmingly positive and first class, they're not interested. good luck!

Earl
    Free Member

Thanks. Applying BullSh*t overlay now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to get an IT job in Singapore’ is closed to new replies.