Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How to choose a plasterer?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t know one or anyone who knows one. Do I just do a yell search of local ones? How should I choose one?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

where are you?

Do you know any electricians? Ask them to recommend one. There’s a sort of love/hate thing between sparkies and spreads. something to do with filling their boxes with muck, folding their cables in, etc…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not near Chester are you?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Have a look at their radios

dooosuk
    Free Member

Local Facebook group for recommendations from people on there?

lunge

I can recommend one if you’re in the Midlands, though I have a feeling you’re not.

loddrik
    Free Member

What’s a local Facebook group?

wwaswas

Like STW but for people you actually know.

Coyote
    Free Member

Recommendation only, same as with any tradesman.

dooosuk
    Free Member

What’s a Facebook group?

Is that a serious question?

If so, Facebook isn’t just about individual profiles. There are discussion groups, trade groups, for sale groups etc. for thousands of things.

There’ll be one for the area in which you live. Just search in the bar the top.

bros
    Free Member

Ask everyone you know who owns their house. They’ll know a good one.

If you’re in Bristol, I know a really good guy (and some awful ones too)

trail_rat
    Free Member

i know a great plasterer….. but hes in aberdeen 😀

i asked rustymac off here in a conversation like face to face who had done his house.

Last week the guy came and did most of my house ….

this week we are freezing with no heating with the windows open during the day and the dehumidifer going at night

juanking

Ratty, did you get Billy in??

trail_rat
    Free Member

nah a chap called brian

thekingisdead
    Free Member

If you cant get a recommendation of a friend – ask a tradesman – Builder, Leccy, Painter & Decorator should all be able to recommend a good plasterer.

A P&D recommended a plasterer for me – very happy with his work.

Marin
    Free Member

If you are a wirraler I know a good one has done lots of work for family he’s moreton based.

jimob
    Free Member

I’ve built up my customer base from recommendations over the year’s. Plasterers who advertise in the local papers aren’t the best , in my experience. Just keep on asking people you know or work with , and if you can , have a look at some of their work before you let them loose in your own house.

ricky1
    Free Member

Pot luck really if you don’t know any one,you could get a plasterer who turns up at 10 am,works till 2:00 pm and bugger a off to the pub leaving your house in a mess,or you could get me who turns up at 8:00 am,gets a fair bit done and leaves the house spotless,and puts the sparkies wires in for him and cleans out the boxes,I don’t advertise,all my work is word of mouth,I do feel sorry for people trying to find plasterers,some of the work I’ve put right is shocking.

duckman

Word of mouth, DO NOT use anybody who has to use the small adds. As said above, good plasterers are busy. I moved career 12 years ago and still work during the hols because of word of mouth. ( puts freshly waved Willy away)

Moses

Bros / Tom- can you give me the name & details of your pplasterer?
    Ta

xico
    Free Member

I can recommend a good one in Huddersfield, FWIW!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Midlands covered here if you need one in this area. I know quite a few.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How to choose a plasterer?’ is closed to new replies.