• This topic has 100 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by fossy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • How the **** am I going to get this mouse out of my front room?
  • maccruiskeen

Any suggestions as to why he’s feeling the urge to bring his trophies indoors? I can do without this

You’re luck will improve but its a bit of a waiting game. When my sister-in-law’s cat got too old to catch anything living to bring home as a trophy it still felt the need to bring something back. Somewhere it was managing to find pieces of Southern Fried Chicken and would lay them out on the doormat.

nicko74

Somewhere it was managing to find pieces of Southern Fried Chicken and would lay them out on the doormat.

😀 😀

martinhutch

I’m going to unashamedly post up clips of Mousehunt now, just because.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Our old cat used to bring mice in and drop them in the bathtub and watch them do the wall of death leaving bloody tracks behind them. Then when they finished one of the Jack Russell’s would wander in, grab the mouse, bring it in the bedroom and start crunching on it.

Joy.

dyna-ti

Humane trap(doesnt harm the mouse) Bait with chocolate and leave overnight.
    Nothing there its either gone or died from its injuries. In which case leave it two days then follow your nose.
    Decomposing mice smell like a gas leak.

Bregante

You can borrow our highly trained hunter if you want to binners?

Moose

Moose

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Mouse cannon?

Blackflag
    Free Member

Peanut butter. Always use peanut butter. Mice love it.

Wally

BadlyWiredDog
    MoreCashThanDash

Your mouse needs to up his game – a mates cat once brought home a still warm roast leg of lamb. Wouldn’t go through the cat flap.

A neighbour had left it to rest on the window sill, apparently. 😄

FB-ATB

Binners will train his cat to raid Greggs!

mattyfez

Buy a Cali King snake.

The mouse will soon be gone.

Then you can lure the snake into a tank with a pre-killed mouse and a heat pad, and then you’ll have a cool pet snake, and a funny story to tell.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Or Mouse dinner as the case may be.

ElShalimo

Surely a steak bake, or a vegan sausage roll, will tempt it out into the open?

binners

Morning all. Mouse update:

I let the cats in this morning and the other cat (Che) who is the polar opposite of Nelson – a big fat moggy who rarely bothers with anything as taxing as movement – goes straight in the front room, jumps up on one of the sofa’s and is sniffing away at the corner like a police sniffer dog.

Obviously he’s sourced the moose loose aboot the hoose. So I prepare a suitable receptacle to try and catch the bugger in as Mrs Binners whips the cushions off the sofa. And there it is! The furry little bastard!

The next second Che continues his transformation from sloth into panther and launches himself at it. Unfortunately, he’s shit at this hunting lark, he misses it and the mouse immediately finds that gap at the corner where all your loose change disappears down and promptly disappears.

So I now need to update the original question:

How the **** am I going to get this mouse out of my sofa?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The next second Che continues his transformation from sloth into panther and launches himself at it.

Pwoud. Vewy, vewy pwoud.

Unfortunately, he’s shit at this hunting lark, he misses it and the mouse immediately finds that gap at the corner where all your loose change disappears down and promptly disappears

Not so pwoud.

avdave2

When I was a kid I caught one in my dressing gown. It was in a corner of the lounge and I thought I might be able to grab it. It was a bit quick though and ran up the sleeve of my dressing gown, across my back and then back down the other sleeve. Before it could escape I pulled the cuff tight round my wrist and went out in to the garden and out it dropped and ran off.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How the **** am I going to get this mouse out of my sofa?

It may help it may not…
    I once sat on a sofa in a grotty bar in NYC that I rapidly determined contained no stuffing, only live rodents and cockroaches.
    Some of those inhabitants scarpered fairly fast once I seated myself, some simply ran around inside the sofa.

Needless to say I left the establishment fairly sharpish, though obviously finished my pint 16oz glass of beer first.

So maybe sit on it. What ever you do though clench for the duration of your sitting on the sofa. You do not want to go to A&E to have the rodent removed, “I sat on it by accident Dr” isn’t likely to wash.

Awaits “How the **** am I going to get this mouse out of my back passage?” thread

binners

I feel I should be providing a commentary to this in hushed David Attenborough tones. Che has remained camped on the sofa, circling it then sticking his paw down the hole the mouse disappeared down. He seems to be enjoying his newfound ‘Big Cat’ role.

Nelson, who brought the bloody thing in, has been completely disinterested throughout.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I feel I should be providing a commentary to this in hushed David Attenborough tones.

We’ve never met, but in my head you’re more David Bellamy

binners

A fair point 😀

Cougar

Humane trap(doesnt harm the mouse) Bait with chocolate and leave overnight.

What are you then planning on doing with a live mouse?

Ordinarily I’d say snap traps are the only way, Rentokill ones are good. But with cats in the house you’d want to be placing them somewhere the cats can’t get to so that might be a non-starter.

You could, I suppose, bait the sofa with peanut butter to lure it out into the open to face kittygeddon so long as the cats don’t eat the PB first.

perchypanther
    Free Member

What you want is a Rentokil Clean Kill Tunnel trap.

Stops cats / birds / kids / dogs accidentally getting their paws / fingers / wings / tails caught in it.

MoreCashThanDash

I can’t see we’ve had any input from WCA, which worries me of he’s been playing with power tools again….

martinhutch

After laughing at Binners’ misfortune, today my cat directed me towards a mystery scratching sound in the kitchen. Which turned out to be from inside the bloody flat roof…brilliant…

Why do the buggers like the taste of Kingspan, anyway?

FB-ATB

At least the mouse our cat brought in today was dead.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Why do the buggers like the taste of Kingspan, anyway?

More to the point, why did Kingspan evolve to be so delicious?

perchypanther
    Free Member

More to the point, why did Kingspan evolve to be so delicious?

Natural selection innit.

The mice that didn’t like it all froze to death.

tall_martin

Natural selection innit.

The mice that didn’t like it all froze to death.

Excellent!

RustySpanner

Have you thought about reading it a choice selection of your Corbyn posts?
    The first thousand or so ought to do it. 🙂

And more to the point, buy an RC car to take your mind off it.

mrhoppy

Put the cats into the sofa, they can catch the mouse. Then you put a dog in to chase the cats out …..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Watch my squirrel tap video and get the mouse version. Don’t mention it on here though it you will get slaughtered

jkomo

Not read all the posts.
    We got one out with a cardboard poster tube sealed at one end, mouse ran in, sealed the other.

riklegge

Put the cats into the sofa, they can catch the mouse. Then you put a dog in to chase the cats out …..

*awaits “How the **** am I going to get this horse out of my front room?” thread*

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

‘Gerry, there is a horse in my pennine suite’

clubby

Just poison it. Way more effective than traps.
    Oh, and just hope it doesn’t have worms which then eat the insides and eventually hatch into a room full of blue bottles. Happened to us two months after the cat had died. One final gift. Took a year to find the fossilised mouse 2 years later when I emptied the entire room for redecoration.

ElShalimo

If you poison it and it then runs off and dies somewhere inaccessible, 6 months later you’ll rip half the house apart trying to find out what that bloody awful smell is

Cougar

I’m told by some that the poison desiccates it so that it doesn’t smell. I’ve never quite believed it, anyone know for sure?

Poison aside, a dead mouse will stink out the place in days rather than months.

binners

Good Morning all. Heres todays mouse update:

We’re sorted. Last night he decided, probably spurred on by the ambivalence of the cats, to come out from the sofa and go for a tour of the house. Mrs Binners flicked the kitchen light on and there he was in the middle of the floor, like a rabbit in the headlights. Cue the Benny Hill theme tune again as we both pursue him around the kitchen. Eventually, we cornered him where he had nowhere to go (there are not many things to run underneath in a fitted kitchen – in fact there are none) and managed to pop a glass over him.

So, after his 24 hour holiday in our house, we managed to safely release him back into the woods behind the house, apparently none the worse for his experience

Harry_the_Spider

The little bastard will be back in by now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘How the **** am I going to get this mouse out of my front room?’ is closed to new replies.