Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • How old is your main bike?
  • colournoise

Two ‘main’ bikes.

Local woods and winter bike. 2012 BFe. Parts on it are all between 1 and 3 years old.

Big days out bike. 2014/15 (the one without the shock shuttle) Alpine 160 26. Got the frame in August last year but all the parts were bought over a year before to build onto the Rocket I never got…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Main / posh road bike is a year old.

Winter road bike is 5 months old, but the freehub is fecked

Only MTB is 8 months old.

ElShalimo

2011 bright yellow Cove HJ
    Makes me smile every ride
    😀

iainc

Oldest is my road bike, a 2012 Defy Composite. Newest is CDF, which is a few weeks old.

Junkyard
    Free Member

road about 8 years- stock pretty much

FS about 6 years- some upgrading wheels brakes etc

SS about 2 years- old parts in the main

Other FS about 10 years- new drive train and other stuff

miketually
    Free Member

My most ridden bike is my commuter, which is based around a frame I won at SSUKSSUK in 2006. The rear wheel on it is older though, because it was second hand.

My MTB is technically older, in a Trigger’s Broom way, as the fork is about a decade old. The rest of the bike is only a couple of years old, as it’s an insurance replacement for the bike the fork originally belonged to.

P-Jay
    Free Member

2012 Cove G-Spot, but it’s the 2010 model with the silly seat tube size. It’s a **** hooligan, I adore it but fancy something slightly less agro that rolls a bit easier – maybe a Hustler 650b

julians
    Free Member

My main bike is 2 months old (orbea Rallon), my spare bike is 10 years old (specialized enduro)

dickydownes
    Free Member

1996 SC Superlight. Still a stunning bike. Still original apart from chain etc.

Took it for a service a while ago and the local SC rep saw it and was casting his eye over it. It’s the pre rear disc version. He said that when they went disc only on the rear the rear triangles all cracked. Said he saw a whole workshop full of cracked ones within weeks.

Still love mine although just built up a 22lb SS Inbred which is sweet. My thighs were like balloons on Wednesday night though on my first ride – jeez!!

noteeth
    Free Member

Main bike is a ?’93/94 Bontrager Race. Love it.

mattbee

3 months for my main mtb.

cokie

9 months for the main Mtb.

chiefgrooveguru

Soul is 4 years old, as are most its components (obviously not the drivetrain!) Spitfire is 1 year old as are all its parts bar the bars (younger) and stem (older). 50/50 usage nowadays.

julianwilson
    Free Member

strava tells me my most ridden bike last year is my 15 year old commuter. although only the frame, seatclamp, brakes and sti’s are original.
    ‘Main’ (ie the one i would keep over the others) is 9 years old altogether and 4 years old to me, with slightly less ancient parts. but tbf the newest non-wearing drivetrainy part is still at best 2010.

jools182
    Free Member

2008 I’ve been promising myself a new one for 3 years but my pay
    won’t allow it

Alpha1653

MTB: nearly 5 years old (2010 Heckler) though the drivetrain was replaced in January to a 1×10. The other mountain bike is a 97 Cindercone.

Road: a 2012 Scott CR1 which came from a PSA on this forum which I saw when I came back from the pub. I got a bit of a surprise when a bike box turned up a few days later.

I like this thread. 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got my current mtb (sc mk2 nomad) in 2009, so coming up 5years. Would love a mk3c but at 5k unless those six numbers come up it isn’t gonna happen 😥

maxtorque

2012. Well, except for the fact the only original part from 2012 is the seat post clamp…..

(Frame late 2013, due to snappage, drivetrain ~2 yo (XTR/XXupgrade), wheelset 18months, shock, 14months, fork 8months, brakes, 1 week)

😉

uponthedowns
    Free Member

2004 Turner 5 Spot. Still the best looking FS bike there’s ever been.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Blur LTc – mostly my main bike sort of 18 months
    Rocky Element – my other main buke 3 months

rOcKeTdOg

2009 for the swift

hora
    Free Member

2010 Santa Cruz Butcher obsolete frame although its easily 650b compatitable.

olly2097
    Free Member

2014 full sus.
    2013 road.

Thought I’d get new ones in before the kid arrived. Gotta last a few years now!

benp1

I’ve no idea how old my road bike is, I’d guess 8 years or more

Mtb is from November

IainAhh
    Free Member

2012 Nukeproof Mega – Bought 2013
    Surprisingly original, swapped out for reverb & new seat, tyres.
    Usual worn out stuff, bb, chain, cassette.

2010 Genesis Altitude (HT) – Bought 2011
    Almostly completely replaced / upgraded. Only fork,derailleurs and shifters original. Now 2×9.

2002 Schwinn Road Bike – Bought 2005
    Now used as commuter, recently replaced bars, stem, seat, seat post, wider rear cassette to improve / change ride position.

petrieboy

Main MTB is a 2007 sworks far which doesn’t see much use, HT is a 2000 cannondale. Bike which gets used most is the road bike which is a 2002 trek oclv.
    My policy with most purchases is buy the best kit and keep it for a long time

unovolo
    Free Member

The frame is a 1993 Saracen Kili team the rest of it varies from a couple of years old to several months old.
    Lovely to ride though.

A new build us waiting in the wings and the Saracen will become a 2nd bike to be shared with my daughter.

lawman91

Had my Ibis for nearly 4 years before I got my new Foxy carbon, which is now about 2 weeks old. Before that my main bike was a max light xc120 which was about 5 year olds when I finally replaced it. Kept the frame though, which is kinda what I wish I’d done with the Ibis, bloody loved that bike, gutted she’s gone 🙁

P20

My Liteville is about 18months old. The rear King hub however is over 15yrs old

Jeffus
    Free Member

Traser 2 July 13

coolhandluke
    Free Member

2010 Blur LTc (main bike)
    2012 Canyon Torque
    2013 Croix de fer

tomhoward

Good to see you’ve changed your metric to ‘years’ rather than ‘hours’, Mamadirt..

my oldest bike is 2.5 years, newest is 3 months.

zinaru
    Free Member

the jones is 3.5 years old. just finished paying of the bank loan this month!

still the best bike I’ve ever had and has that oddly amazing still ‘fresh’ feeling. still totally love it.

and its not my main bike – its my only bike.

Kuco

2011 Cannondale Super 6 ultegra
    2012 Meta SL
    2012 Enigma Ego Ti

Daffy

07 Ibis Mojo.

ajc
    Free Member

Still ride my 1990 rockhopper most days as a commuter hack. Only frame & brakes are original. Mtbs are circa 2003 cove hummer & circa 2005 hustler. Both still great bikes. Road bike is a 10+ year old focus Cayo. That was a £1000 full ultegra bike. Just put better wheels on. You don’t need the latest bike to have fun and still be pretty fast. Just replaced my 8 speed cassette and chain on the hummer for less than £15. Bargain

jonba
    Free Member

Main mountain bike is about 6 months old but it replaced a stumpyjumper of 5 years. My road bike is about 5 years old although it is on its second set of race wheels.

Nipper99
    Free Member

The only bike I’ve ever bought whole was my s/h my 09 Kona Major Jake everything else is builds.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Covert, coming up for a year old

rascal
    Free Member

MTB – 2008 Commencal Meta – by far the longest I’ve had 1 bike – April 2009. No NEED to change but loving what Canyon are doing with the Strive/Spectral….maybe next year.
    Road – 2013 Cube Agree GTC Pro – had 12 months…love it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘How old is your main bike?’ is closed to new replies.