Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How old is my XO rear mech??
  • trisysjoint

Knowing the collective genius of the Singletrack community I thought I’d start here…..

I have an XO rear mech that needs a replacement hanger bolt. I have removed the stuck faulty one but am unsure of what year the mech is to obtain the relevant replacement.

Does anyone have any idea on how to determine the age of the XO mechs?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Tris

sharkattack

Post a pic for a start. Someone will know

DickBarton

Hanger bolt is most likely a generic piece of kit so any ‘XO’ hanger bolt should do…

…says me who has never looked at an XO mech…the cheaper ones are awful so I’d expect all SRAM mechs to be awful…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just been out to the garage to look, there’s at least one out the somewhere, but I can’t find it, if I do I’ll give you a shout.

trisysjoint

Good shout sharkattack 🙂

Pics here…
    http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/trisysjoint/slideshow/x0

pipnet1
    Free Member

That’s an early one. Around 2007. The reason being 2008 onwards (IIRC) at least 1 part of the cage, if not both, were carbon.

Like this one:

That said I doubt the bolts have changed much, if at all apart from colour. The jockey wheels did though.

trisysjoint

pipnet1 you’re a star.

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty sure any sram mech bolts work- did they not have the date of manufacture on the cage with the jockey wheels on?

Marmoset
    Free Member

Mines like that and its a 2004 version, I threw an X9 bolt in when it seized, a bit heavier but it does the job. Can’t believe the things still going strong realising how old it is.

DickBarton

as old as that? I thought x0 first came out in 06…if it is that old then I stand corrected about my thoughts on the mechs…

jasonm945
    Free Member

Pretty sure X0 was around in 1to1 form towards the end of the 90’s!!!

Actually that might have been 9.0 etc…doh!

Dibbs
    Free Member

trisysjoint I’ve found the bolt if you still need it.

mattbee

My XO rear mech and shifters were pre ordered as soon as I saw them in a mag so were from the very first batch brought into the UK. came in poncy tins with free passes to some euro bike park. I retired them a month ago because I went to 1×10 but they still work perfectly.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

There is a different bolt on the latter X0 rear mech I think it changed around 2009. I sheared mine and tried to fit on older version the length of the shank and retaining clip / washer is different. I think sram refer to it as a ‘B’ bolt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRAM-B-Bolt-Kit-for-Rear-Derailleur-X0-Orange-X-0-RDPSX003-/170798295218?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item27c45f28b2

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How old is my XO rear mech??’ is closed to new replies.