Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • how much to spend on Forks?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

How much should I spend on some 2nd hand 140-160mm forks which are either adjustable or have lock out?

Also, How much could I get a bolt through front wheel for?

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

EDITED due to FAIL

njee20
    Free Member

2nd hand by the looks of it!

Depends on how much you want to spend! As a general rule the more you spend the better they'll be… Sadly it's generally that simple!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd say:

Stear clear of manitou (TPC+ forks might be ok though, avoid SPV, IT and intrisic forks unless you know what your doing and are confident the seller did too, very easy to blow them all up and cant be user serviced)

Stear clear of marzocchi in the all mountain/55 era, older Z1's should be OK.

Rock shox should be OK, but the lyric will be expensive still and doesnt have a great reputation for reliability, although bettter than some.

Avoid Fox unless you can strip them apart to inspect the stanchions before buying, and thats no gaurentee there arent other problems but seems to be the most common.

Magura are almost bombproof, but they dont make the fork your after and wont be cheep.

I'd go for a marzocchi z1, it wont be the lightest or stiffest, but the tech is tried and tested, so if it fails its plain old bad luck which you can't avoid really. £90-£150 depending on spec and year (i'd go coil sprung with ETA)

A wheel, your looking at about £50 for soemthing like a hope bulb and mavic d521 rim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘how much to spend on Forks?’ is closed to new replies.