Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How much hassle is it to get numberplates swapped over?
  • rexated
    Free Member

The mechanic servicing my 2006 van offered to buy my numberplate ending ‘GAS’ off me as it matches the initials of his business… I checked out its value on an numberplate valuation website (!), and apparently it could be worth £800. Flipping great!!! There’s gas fitters etc who might want it I guess.

Is it a major pain in the neck to get it all swapped over…? Do I just get allocated another 06 plate from DVLA? Does anyone know how much it costs etc, or anything else I need to be aware of?

I’d never given it a second thought, but that’s a new bike-frame’s worth of money hanging off the ends of my car if the valuation is even remotely true 🙂

Thanks in advance for any advice.

jordie
    Free Member

Fill in a form pay your money buy new plates simples

rexated
    Free Member
    boblo
    Free Member

It is a POP. Last one I did cost £80 to change plus the plate.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Those valuations can be a bit cuckoo land. Wife bought me one, I didn’t want it so put it up for sale a year later, estimate was around £800 too. No one wanted it, even after repeatedly reducing the price down to next to nowt.

totalshell

dream on with your 800 quid.. let me guess one of those dealer outfits quoted you online.. did you read there terms and conditions.. eg they get 50% clear of all sales.. so if and you wont get 800 you’d get a fat cheque for 300 balance that with the transfer payment of 80 quid plus the cost of changing your insurance documents 30-50 quid then if you sell for 800 which you wont youll have about 175 for that new frame..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How much hassle is it to get numberplates swapped over?’ is closed to new replies.