• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much do you think this is worth please?
  • bruders338
    Free Member

Hello.

I need to sell my trek ex8 (18.5), but have no idea how much its worth.
    What do you think is a good price to pay?

the bike is less than 3 months old and i still have the receipts, shock pump, sag gauges etc etc. Also running Tubless.

But i have got a thompson stem 80mm and wider race face bars (780mm i think).

only problem is a bit rubbing occurred when bike was on the rack, it only rubbed the paint not into the frame.

here is the link for all the info on the bike.http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/-fuel-ex-8-2011-mountain-bike-ec023972

My pictures.

I put a lizard sink over the damage so cannot be seen.

if you need any more info or pic’s please ask

many thanks for looking hope you can advise!

br
    Free Member

Cheapest online is £1750, so £1250?

njee20
    Free Member

Love the mound of spacers and the inverted stem.

B R’s valuation seems fair, it’s basically how much of a hit people will take for having no warranty and no after sales care.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. A friend has one in that funny brown colour, and it’s well nice.

Time it’s taken me to type this you have 2 good answers already!

Problem is that although the Trek warranty is pretty good, unlike cars but like all bicycles (with the exception of one or two really unusual/expensive ones) the warranty is not transferrable to a new owner. Receipts are good though as they assure the buyer it’s not stolen! 😆 For the warranty reason you will be waiting a long time for anyone to buy it for more than 2/3 of what you can buy it for new at then moment. (if it is last years, chances are you will be able to buy a new 2011 one with a warranty for 20% off rrp or thereabouts.

If you want to try your luck, ebay it because there may be 2 or three bidders that get carried away, and be prepared for 15% of what you sell it for going back to them in ebay and paypal fees.

Otherwise, put it on the classifieds with plenty of photos, tell people roughly where you live so they can come and see it, ask for £1300 and it will sell for £1200 soon enough.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Put your old stem and bars back on and sell the upgrades.

bruders338
    Free Member

Ok thanks people.

will stick it on the classifieds for £1200.

thanks again

Paceman
    Free Member

Put the stock stem and bars back on; you’ll get another £70-80 for the Thomson stem and RF bars.

br
    Free Member

will stick it on the classifieds for £1200.

No!

As folk will beat you down to £1000, do £1300 as recommended.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wouldn’t gave gone much more than a grand with it stock.

ruscle
    Free Member

Warranty can be transfered as a friend of mine bought one secondhand and the frame snapped. All he did was present the receipt and took on the person ID by creating a new email using persons name in email address! No questions asked and a new frame 1 week later.

tomaso
    Free Member

Have a look at completed ebay ads to get an idea of value. But I’d say knock a third off the new price would be a starting point and then a bit extra for any damage etc.

DezB
    Free Member

Warranty can be transfered as a friend of mine bought one secondhand and the frame snapped. All he did was present the receipt and took on the person ID by creating a new email using persons name in email address!

Yep, that works 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much do you think this is worth please?’ is closed to new replies.