Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 257 total)
  • How many women are on here then?
  • Diane
    Free Member

I’d be up for a meet – but i’m in the Borders so not sure where/when.
    Perhaps we could do a weekend thingy

restless
    Free Member

i would meet up. i dont have any girl mtb friends so it would be great for me 😀
    (i’m in nottingham)
    jane

allthegear
    Free Member

I’d be up for a meet, too. Used to going a long way to ride so anywhere I can make a weekend of it. Dales? Peaks?

Rachel

sharki
    Free Member

*flounces off the thread because of non believers*

🙁

*throws a strop and goes shopping*

Meh!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

*ignores Sharki*

I don’t mind where the meet is – I’m based in the Midlands, but will drive pretty much anywhere not to have to ride with anymore smelly boys 😛

allthegear
    Free Member

aww – they’re allright, it’s just they get a little funny when you ask to come past on the downs… 🙂

The location has to be right – where’s the best cake shop???

Rachel

Karinofnine

I’m thinking of week at Afan/Glyncorrig in April next year. There’s lots of different accommodation and lots of rides so everyone could come and then split into groups according to skill/fitness/sex/whatever.

Not far from town (well, Port Talbot) if non-biking partners want to come too.

Brechfa do-able from there too.

allthegear
    Free Member

April you say?? I like it. Let me know more when you know.

Rachel

lexiekay
    Free Member

I’d definitely like to meet up as I rarely get the chance to ride with other girls! I’m in Swindon but willing to travel 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

sharki – women don’t flounce – we storm 😈

Perhaps we should do a New-Year ride somewhere like Coed-y-brenin, work off the mince pies?

second Karinofnine suggestion of April too and nant -yr-arian is around there too is it not? Not been there yet but is supposed to be good.

Karinofnine

Ok, I’ll start another thread for April. That is a long way off tho. I won’t be able to get to Coed-y for new year. Perhaps the northern girls could go there and the southern girls could go to um… don’t know, was going to say Cwmcarn but is there a day’s riding? maybe the Welsh chapter of STW would turn out and guide? Is there anything more middling – Bedfordshire or similar?

emma82 – Nant yr Arian is in mid Wales, a bit further north than Afan (but do-able by car).

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

For the Southern/Midlanders there is a full day’s worth of riding at Cannock, Forest of Dean, Malvern that I know of, but would be happy to go further South if someone knows their way round.

Coed-y-Brenin sounds like a good option – I rarely get to go as the OH hates it, so would be good to meet up there for New Year 🙂

Nant-yr-Arian is awesome, especially the big loop with that proper ‘out there’ feeling, would also love that too. Again, it’s a good centre for a mix of riders giving the option of shorter loops and also repeating the last descent. Not been for ages, I’d forgot how much fun it is!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d definitely be up for Cwmcarn – I’m sure we could eek out a day’s riding with doughnut stops 😉 .

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Can I get the bus to the top and meet you lot there? *is lazy*

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sounds good. What about an uplift day? 😆

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I’m definitely up for that – anything to get out of pedalling uphill 😆

Especially if we get donuts on the bus!

LoveMyBikeLady
    Free Member

putting my hand up, good place for asking things that I wouldn’t have a clue about such as lease vans and mechanical things.

Hello (waves) LMBikesL

Sue_W
    Free Member

Long mynd is fairly ‘central’ and the new mtb centre that has heated camping pods that look fab 🙂 never ridden there but on my ‘to do’ list

would probably prefer a weekend trip (as I’m based in northwales so most places are a fair bit away), and the suggestion for somewhere with options for different abilities sounds good.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

They are all miles away for those of us who live in Scotland! Would hopefully be up for CyB if I have any money after my hols in march.

Cougar

apparently I have’t been to bishops castle

I’ve been to Bishop’s Castle, many times, for their annual beer festival. </tangent>

juan
    Free Member

Personally I go for an awesome body, intriguing eyes and a wicked, if slightly dark, sense of humour?

Sorry i am not available any more 😉
    On a more serious note don’t look for anything in a men. Just get involve, if it works it works if not just try someone else.

Juan “very long timer single who just happen to have found someone”

emma82
    Free Member

oh blimey, sorry to sound such a girl but there is so much choice, my head is going to explode and I can’t choose. I’ve never been to cannock so wouldn’t mind giving that a go if anyone knows there way around? but that said to be honest I’ll be happy wherever. Someone will need to make the decision for me, I’m rubbish at choosing! I have made no plans for new year weekends as yet 🙂 want to try and get around a trail or two each weekend after crimbo

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Cannock is good – there is the way-marked Monkey Trail which is great for pretty much everyone who is technically alright (i.e can ride C-Y-B red runs or similar).

Less fit, but still ok technically can do the Follow-the-dog (bit shorter) and there is also a green route for any ladies who want to join us that don’t like techy at all.

I also know my way round some of the off piste trails and the DH runs at Stile Cop/Darkside so we could put something together for everyone I think.

However, I’m easy to go wherever and be led around by someone else!

grahamh
    Free Member

iDavid
    No chance I could ride down hill like this girl

certainly couldn’t ride CX like her.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGjaQf10Vs[/video]

Cooroo
    Free Member

Another girl here, late to the party… Been hanging out on this forum for 8 or 9 years, diff name on old one. Mostly lurking at present due to heavy work commitments.

I ride mostly with my partner (Stue who only ever posts about shocks, brakes and techy stuff!). My only biking girlfriend is a roadie, so we ride roads together a bit.

Some years ago (apologies if this has been covered…) women on the forum organised a few rides (Northern Girlie Bikers) in the Peaks, which were really fun (although SimonFBarnes didn’t approve). It’s hard to pull these events together when everyone is scattered and has busy lives though.

I find it educational reading this, seeing what complete idiots some men are, and how lovely others (bit like women really).

emma82
    Free Member

ok, hows about a Coed-y meet up on say 8th/9th January and a Cannock chase meet on 28th/29th Jan? I will start a thread closer to the time if people are interested. 😀

If anyone is close to FOD a friend and I are planning to have a bimble round next weekend while her fella is racing in the mini DH (snow permitting!!) if anyone wants to join us.

allthegear
    Free Member

This site needs an events calendar to keep track!! Count me in for Jan.

Rachel

derek_starship
    Free Member

Can I come too 😛

Diane
    Free Member

I wondered how long it would be before the boys started asking if they could come too 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

i pop on here now and again!

bumley
    Free Member

I occasional lurk on here and yes I’m a girl

*waves at Aleigh* 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bloody hell, Bumley! Where’ve you bin?

That Aleigh is a right sort, I must say… 😉

Serious question: do any of you ladies think this forum has ‘improved’ in terms of being more appealing to women? I dunno, but I think some of the nasty sexism and misogyny seems to have lessened recently.

As for ‘sexism’; The A+A thread is quite harmless, I think, and open to all, just a bit of fun. I’m a straight bloke, and yes I will admit to expressing admiration for the female form, and might make the odd comment about ladies, but I do try not to be offensive. It’s difficult to see where the ‘line’ is, and very subjective anyway. I try to bear in mind the fact that women can feel threatened, sexually, and I wouldn’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable. Maybe the women on here could perhaps challenge some comments if they find them offensive? Or report posts? I dunno.

It’s good to see that there are quite a few women on here, but I still feel there’s improvement to be made, in order that everyone feels comfortable and safe. But if people stay silent, then the idiots don’t know when to stop.

bumley
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – I’ve been a busy girl! But don’t worry I’m still here 😉

And for the record I’ve never felt threatened or offended by anyone on here, banter can get a bit risqué at times but if someone doesn’t like it they don’t have to read it. Everyone has their own opinions and they can sometimes clash but the world would be a very Boring place if we were all the same!!

Now if someone could post a pic of Mario Cipollini naked I’d most grateful 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Only been here fir a couple of weeks so I don’t know whether it’s improved. But the majority of folk on here are cool I think were all here just for a bit of banter to pass the time right?

Elfin by A+A do you mean that thread with all the half naked girls? Right then I’ve only seen one and I was a bit drunk when I sounded off so with hindsight I should have just kept my mouth shut. I’m not massively happy about the fact that women feel the need to get their kit off especially sports women but that an argument for another day. With regard to this site: at least I know what to look out for so I can avoid those threads in future and it’s not like they’re on here all the time and this site is mostly blokes… So I suppose boys will be boys.

hels
    Free Member

Elfin – these thing are very subjective. The thread about Hannah Barnes was well over the line IMO, talking about real people like that (esp when one of them is a minor) distasteful and a shame for the girl. Who may of course not mind but aren’t exactly celebs who have made the choice to be in the public eye. (And showed how easy it is for to find pics of named women on t’internet !)

But yes there do seem to be more womens voices on here now which is good. Even if they do have beards Sharki.

rOcKeTdOg

*waves at bumley*

elaineanne
    Free Member

im here ! waves 🙂 had no tinternet for 2 whole weeks..stupido computer had a mass virus….. now been brought back to life !
    i guess no-one missed me then…- 😉 :mrgreen:

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

I’m a lurker only posted on a few threads really… I would be interested in the rides in January where ever they end up. But if there are any girls are based in the North West; Bolton, Bury, Rammy etc let me know. I usually ride with guys but it would be cool ride out with ladies

bumley
    Free Member

*waves back at RD*

nbt

Renagade Marmalade, trio (further up here) is based Bolton way.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘How many women are on here then?’ is closed to new replies.