Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How long to give e-bay buyer to pay for my fork?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Sold a fork on ebay, someone clicked buy-it-now on Sunday, but hasn’t replied to invoice or one reminder email.

This hasn’t happened to me before, so how long would you give him before taking it up with ebay?

Price was high but not silly, btw.

Del

no comms after a week and i’d start action.
    if it’s any consolation i sold a car in june and didn’t rid of the bugger until the august.

hora
    Free Member

Start sending the reminders through ebay

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah id just give it a week and send an ebay reminder

loddrik
    Free Member

In future I would recommend putting a sentence on the listing instructing the winning bidder to contact you within 24 hours of auction end, if no contact then just relist or offer item to next highest bidder. I wouldn’t wait a week, 3 days max, otherwise by the time you have waited, relisted, and item expired you could add another 7-10 days by the time you get paid.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Will send another reminder and sit tight until weekend.

I take the point about adding a deadline to pay/contact. I’ve never added them before because auctions with lots of small print always turn me off, and I’ve only had one non-payer before on a DVD.

Nobody else had bid, but it had about 25 watchers. Frustrating for them too probably!

robdob
    Free Member

All the above is good. Next time if you have a BIN option tick the box which selects “immediate payment required” when someone uses the BIN option. I think you may have to use Paypal to use this option but at least it stops people going for the BIN option when they don’t have the cash.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How long to give e-bay buyer to pay for my fork?’ is closed to new replies.