Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • How doomed are you?
  • binners

With all this relentless doom and gloom about – On a scale of one to ten? How doomed are you personally? How bleak is your outlook?

I’m a definate 9 at the moment. Is anyone a ten? Just to make me feel better

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

about a 2

Snigletrack
    Free Member

<1

Snigle
    :o)

(I’m assuming 10 is real bad and 1 is all beer and skittles)

Stoner
    Free Member

a non-cresserish 2 out of 10.

kevonakona
    Free Member

2 but only because i’ve got man-flu

binners

You’re not making me feel better chaps

Conor
    Free Member

I’d say 1!

Single, no mortgage or debt… and just been promoted and have pay review next month 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Excellent – a revival of the ouevre of the man they call Cressers.

An average of around 5.

But it looks like Mrs North isn’t handling her return to work too well, so I have advised her to sack off her job. Which will take up the doom/risk stakes to about 7.

aleigh
    Free Member

yeah but you live at home conor so that doesn’t count 😉

marcus
    Free Member

Could be a big fat 10 very soon. Lots of personnal and company debt, the latter also secured by yours truly and we’ve just offered the staff a 3 day week to save redundancies. And i’ve got man flu !!

jarl
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Im going on for an 8 i guess.

Broke, sober and single and borderline suicidal give a take once a month.

hora
    Free Member

A few years ago I was unfairly dimissed, lost thousands and broke a few bones to boot. (all in two months). TBH, I feel lucky compared.

djglover
    Free Member

Working in retail Energy, Id say 1 or 2 at the moment, however one of our smaller competitors announced 450 redundancies today. But not directly related to the current recession as they have been unprofitable for a couple of years.

IHN

There’s a slight chance I may be made redundant later in the year which, to be honest, I’d be quite happy about.

I’d say about a three.

sharki
    Free Member

9-10 here, i’ve my kids near to me, a bike and that’s enough to stop me losing it completely.

binners

Marcus. Sorry to hear that. Much the same reason as I’m a 9. My biggest client is about to go bump and kindly came over to tell me yesterday that there’s no chance of me seeing a penny of the whacking great big mound of cash they owe me.

I expect to lose my

Business
    Car
    House
    Marriage

in that order. Very soon. Hurrah for Gordon’s economic miracle

ridethelakes
    Free Member

0 here (sorry!)

Business has never been better, kid on the way and as a first time buyer I’m going to be buying a castle for 10p the way prices are going!

crazy-legs

binners, I would offer to join you for a pint to drown sorrows but I can’t afford a pint.

About 8-9 for me too.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Well, I guess in the light of binners problems i’ve just moved from around 8 to about 5.

marcus
    Free Member

**** binners, thats a nine point five at least. Fingers crossed for us both.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hmm, taking 10 as the maximum (could this become the ‘Cresser’s Scale of Doom’?), and taking points off for good stuff, adding for bad..

Roof over head: -1
    Enough to Eat: -1
    Clothes on back: -1
    Warm and comfortable: -1
    Healthy (apart form mild ear infection): -1
    Happy in career/job/work: -0.5
    Have positive, happy relationships with others: -1
    Not living in constant threat of war, disease, famine, etc: -1
    Happy with current environment: -1
    Enough money to not have to worry about bills and stuff: +1

So, 1.5. Life’s pretty bloody good, to be honest!

Of course, I could just mope around all the time, moaning about stuff…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

BTW, not intended to make light of anyone else’s woes. Binners, I hope things don’t turn out too bad, mate.

IHN

Binners – you can always come and be my bitch, you’ll get room, board, and a good nine inches 🙂

willard

IHN – like that’s going to cheer him up.

Well, it might…

I’m currently a 3, but that might increase to a 9 or 10 depending on what happens in the next week.

hora
    Free Member

Binners, lets face it. You wont miss that Czechtractor 😉

glenh
    Free Member

Probably 5. Could go either way at the moment!

jfeb
    Free Member

Sorry to read about people’s difficulties. At the moment I am about a 3 but should I fail to sell my house (currently underway) and lose my job (distinctly possible in the current climate) I would move rapidly to a 6 or 7.

The downturn in the economy has only hit hard in certain sectors right now. If you haven’t yet been hit you probably feel OK (more cash in your pocket vs last year etc etc). It is only a matter of time and degree though…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

about 2-3, but I do feel very guilty about it, compared to the sh&t that a lot of folk are going through at the moment.

binners

Wanna buy it then Hora?

*shudders at the thought of Hora having that underneath his boot*

richard

8 Find out Monday if I still have a job…

ski
    Free Member

If it carries on like this, for another 6 months, we will all be out of jobs here, so is that a 9 or 10 on the scale?

Looks like I will be doing quite a bit of cycling come August.

Anyone looking for a Photographer? 20 years of experience about to go down the swanney 😉

stuckinarut
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

“Doomed” implies something is going to happen. How do you score if its already happened?

hora
    Free Member

Wanna buy it? I’m a Subaruwhore for the foreseeable future.

Drac

1 or less

Job is as secure as can be, I can live within my means.

I don’t have the spare cash I once had but that’s mainly due to having 2 kids.

miketually
    Free Member

Pretty good here. I’ve got quite a lot of marking to do and I hate marking, so maybe a 1 on the doom-o-meter.

Conor
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

yeah but you live at home conor so that doesn’t count [;-)]

FFS girl I have a reputation to maintain!!

WackoAK
    Free Member

Binners – you can always come and be my bitch, you’ll get room, board, and a good nine inches

9 times a day then, lucky Binners 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

I’ll give it a 6, job will probably go at some point soon, but i am alive and am going on holiday next week.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘How doomed are you?’ is closed to new replies.