Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • How do you take your Green Tea?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I just tried some. Its now in the sink.

RANK.

Maybe I made it wrong, maybe its just horrible, I don’t know so any advice on where it went wrong would be appreciated.

3 minutes in the cup, fresh boiling water, a bit of sugar.

What could have gone wrong?

rwc03
    Free Member

It can be quite tannic if brewed for too long, maybe try brewing it for half the time. Some people just don’t like it, if you like sugar in tea it might not be for you.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

Green tea enema’s are supposed to be the best way

coolhandluke
    Free Member

it tastes like s**t aready!

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Green Tea?!! Red Bush for the win :mrgreen:

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Red Bush for the win

I went out with a ginger girl many moons ago and I have to agree.

chickenman

Try hot rather than boiling water and confuse for 1 minute max

higthepig
    Free Member

Been drinking it now for about 10 years, +1 for chickenman’s comment. It is an aquired taste and I prefer it to a normal brew, each to their own I suppose.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Teabag in cup. pour on water, lift teabag with spoon and rise/lower in water a few times, then discard. Any stronger and it tastes bad imho

But i’ve been banned from drinking it as it makes me too hyper 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Goes great with Marmite on Pumpernickel… 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

I prefer it with the tea bag left in for about a minute. I don’t put sugar in it and think it would be horrible but I don’t take sugar in my tea or coffee.

Try hot rather than boiling water and confuse for 1 minute max

Lol how do you do that then? Show it two shovels and tell it to take its pick 🙂

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Buy some good stuff….

I like Teapigs Green Tea

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know so any advice on where it went wrong would be appreciated.

I suspect that you just don’t like it. Why do you apparently want to like it ?

I drink it at work (never at home) because keeping milk on a building site isn’t practicable – all I need is boiled water. But I quite like.

My suggestion would be that you stop drinking it, whilst I carry on drinking it……..how does that sound ?

tang
    Free Member

I heard that lance Armstrong after a 4 hr training ride has a pot of green tea and a bowl of miso soup.

emsz
    Free Member

I like it, but never tried it with sugar. green tea with lemon is also quite nice.

flow
    Free Member

I don’t know so any advice on where it went wrong would be appreciated.

The only thing that could have gone wrong, is you brewed it for longer than 3 min.

clunker

I put a little honey in mine 😳

neninja
    Free Member

I like Green Tea and drink a few cups a day (also still drink traditional black tea).

It is rank if you leave it too long to stew, 3 minutes would be too long (for me anyway).

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s most excellent, are your taste buds made of alabaster? Leave the bag in after pouring boiling water on it, let it stew/steep, add orange blossom honey, leave the bag in don’t take it out, the stronger and sweeter the better…

Tut tut.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Love the stuff me. As bikebouy says I leave my teabag in the cup so it’s well and truly stewed.

Nick

The tea pigs Mao feng stuff is lovely, but very pricy!

Philby

I have green tea without any sugar. Can be a bit hit and miss – it might be worth trying it as leaves rather than bags. I have some Chinese green tea that is like small pellets of dried leaves which expand into full leaves when you pour on boiling water – really lovely taste and much better than the stuff you get in most supermarkets.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Has anyone had this?

I’ve got some at the moment and I’m loving it. Not normally into anything other than Yorkshire Tea…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it might be worth trying it as leaves rather than bags

I use the leaves, which are very coarsely cut, rather than the tea bags. I find a noticeable difference. Although because I can’t really take a teapot on site, I have to leave the tea leaves in. It’s not a problem, when the leaves sink, it’s ready, and they are coarse enough to stay at the bottom. It makes it rather strong though, but I don’t mind.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

There are only 4 types of Tea

Buliders/Yorkshire
    Earl Grey (no milk)
    Jasmine (allowable in Chinese Restaurants only)

and WRONG (everything else)

Why screw up what works with other silly flavours?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Green tea isn’t a silly flavour. It’s just tea which hasn’t been allowed to rot.

edhornby

Enough of this messing….

yunki
    Free Member

green tea is a foul brew.. we are being sold an industry bi-product..

that said..I am trying to replace at least half of my 15 cups of builders tea per day with green tea as TSY told me it would make look like one of Jennifer Anistons puppies..

I am adding a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice to make it palatable enough to serve this purpose..

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Enough of this messing….

Ha.

Do you remember that ‘Tea vs Coffee’ bit in ST magazine a bit back? Good stuff.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Definitely gives you a kick and does seem to keep the munchies at bay, can also be drunk from cup if the gourd and bombilla is a bit OTT for your sensibilities……

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Ed hornby spot on mate

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

you have to get used to the taste, maybe even try green tea with jasmine (twinings). 3 mins is way too long, just a dab at first. as you get more used to it you can cope with stronger brews.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Oh yes… and then…

Green Tea is OK is infused for a short time to make a mild drink, else it gets very bitter. Tried White Tea? I’ve recently been drinking this in the evenings:

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Brewed another, this time with bag in for about a minute and no mushing it. No sugar.

Much better. Still not terribly pleasant like but not as disgusting as the first one, by a long way.

I heard its good for you so thought I’d give it a try. Guessing Tesco brand 64p for 20 tea bags ain’t going to be that spectacular though.

higthepig
    Free Member

Clipper Green Tea is my favourite at the mo, not tried the fancy ones, leave the bag in the cup, but I’ve been drinking the stuff for years now.

Nick

The tea pigs stuff really is a hundred miles away from clipper or twinnings , different drinks entirely. The Tazo starbucks Zen green tea isn’t bad, better than their coffee anyway.

TiRed

3 minutes in the cup

Try ONE minute in the cup, add a dash of cold water if needed. (Twinings) Jacksons Sencha Green Tea FTW

-m-
    Free Member

I have some Chinese green tea that is like small pellets of dried leaves which expand into full leaves when you pour on boiling water – really lovely taste and much better than the stuff you get in most supermarkets.

^ This. Chinese green tea is streets ahead of the stuff that you tend to get here in the UK – you just chuck a couple of the pellets into a mug of water.

It does appear that the Chinese will brew ‘tea’ from pretty much any plant… this does make it a bit tricky to (reliably) find the same stuff again!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It does appear that the Chinese will brew ‘tea’ from pretty much any plant

What…….with all the tea there is in China ? Cheeky gits.

Travis

I pre-heat the pot first by pouring hot water over it, then the first pot I pour away (over cups), the second pot again over the cups, the third pot is then fine to drink.
    As much tea as there is in China, there are different tastes and flavours too.
    You need to find one that you like.
    As above though, most tea, will either be like a ball shape, or will open into little leaves that will stand on end, and gently sink to the bottom of the glass.
    Green tea, is also best not drunk from a china cup or mug.
    Glass or Terracotta earthenware is better.
    China cups are for flower tea.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘How do you take your Green Tea?’ is closed to new replies.