Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • How do you deal with sh!t
  • stany
    Free Member

I don’t mean a bad day at the office or stubbing your toe. I mean proper sh!t!!!! I’ve had the worst news possible today and circumstances dictate i can’t take my normal path.
    In the past, i’ve jumped on the bike and headed for a health threatening stunt that’s been bothering me.
    And normally i clean it!!!
    This time things are different. Others are involved and i can’t go dafthead.
    Best way to deal with it??

crikey
    Free Member

Share it.

Tell us the tale and read the replies.

I’ve been reading the Chimp Paradox and it’s a good grounding in how to deal with stuff, so spill the beans…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Exactly what Crikey said. Share it. There’s nothing to be gained by keeping it to yourself.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not everyone is a natural sharer – sharing does ease the burden and the person you share with should have a more impartial view (excuse cliche but women tend to just listen, blokes to offer their solution)

You might start by writing a few things down, what the issue is, what bothers you, the different routes/choices/reactions you might take

althepal

Sharing is good. As hard as it is sometimes get it Off your chest- just talking to someone usually helps me..
    Even if there’s fek all theycsn do about it it’ll still help.
    Have used the bike and running to distract me but it’s not slways possible nowadays for me..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Some clue about what kind of shit would be a help.
    I go through various crap everyday but luckily can leave it behind (till tomorrow). Iv’e also been through crap that doesn’t go away (bank foreclosure, divorce/loss of home, & a years worth of a loved Mum with cancer & consequent death of, all at once.
    Say something.

bedmaker

Sounds like somebody’s run out of sweet life giving beer. I normally deal with that by nipping down to the co-op if it’s before 10, or tucking into the wifes bottle of rose if I miss that deadline. 🙂

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Yeh share it might me feel better. I’m sitting in a hospice at my mums bedside as the life ebbs out of her after a fight with cancer for the past 18 months. I’d bloody love to get out for a ride.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SIaFtAKnqBU[/video]

bruneep

Have a DW in a cupboard

yunki
    Free Member

perrrrb

stany
    Free Member

Thankyou all.
    We learnt of our miscarriage today.
    Pebblebeach, thankyou. Not much can be said there and i feel quite humble for starting this.
    The desire to do something daft is strong but F! it, so far i’m hiding it with beer. Got work all weekend and another trip to hospital on monday.
    Sorry for a downer

nosedive
    Free Member

peace to you and your family brother. nothing else we can say. take care

sambob
    Free Member

When people really need it, this place is chuffing brilliant. I can’t begin to imagine how that feels, but my most sincere condolences go out to you and your wife/girlfriend (i’m guessing?).

crikey
    Free Member

i’m drunk, so have patience…

Miscarriages happen. it’s unfortunate and horrible and unpleasant, but they do happen. Look up the stats and maybe it will help you appreciate that you atre not alone, that this is not a thing that doesn’t happen.

Sorry…

csb

Pebblebeach – went through exactly that in 2008. Stany – went through that in 2010!

Didn’t feel angry either time, but it felt very unfair. Talking about feelings was the solution.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Thoughts with you and your missus mate

I think you will soon find out how common an occurrence miscarriages are

Mrs pop had a couple and we were amazed how many people told us about their losses as well

You need to look positively mrs pop had tests which showed she had a blood disorder that was treatable with injections during pregnancy and we now have 3 children!

csb

And you sound like a responsible sort, fighting the temptation to run away and ride/get pissed, but looking after the other half who’s suffering as well. Good on you.

luffy105
    Free Member

Don’t do anything daft, just be there for each other Stany. Very sorry to hear your news. Be strong!

yossarian
    Free Member

peace to you and your family brother. nothing else we can say. take care

I can’t think of a better way to say it. All the best fella.

stany
    Free Member

csb & all, thankyou. Yes, sharing it is better and i’ve finally cried.
    We’ll work together and what is meant to be will happen.
    Thanks again

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Stany that really is shit but stay strong. Much as you feel like running as far away as possible or doing something daft you know you really need to be there for your partner. Together you’ll get through it.

Thoughts are with you both.

youngrob

My thoughts are with you, that’s a hard one to take. Not sure what to suggest that doesn’t sound patronising, but try to get through it together.

ittaika
    Free Member

aye, stany – sorry to hear that.
    being there for each other is important.

CHB

Very common occurence are miscarriages.
    Its horrible and emotionally draining, and hits you with a wave of suddenly none existant potential and plans.
    Its normally because of solid biological reasons, like natures reset button when things go wrong.
    If its any consolation ( and I doubt much will be at the moment), every single person that I have known that has miscarried has gone on to have at least one beautiful healthy baby in the years that followed.

Good luck and thoughts to you and your family.

paul4stones

pebblebeach – was in your seat in June. My sister said it was surreal but I said no, this is real life. In many ways it was a privilege to be there.

Thoughts with you both.

shooterman

Stany. I’ve been there. Weird kind of feeling. Still think about that child a couple of years on. Keep a close eye on the other half.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Stany- really sorry 🙁 but as others have said, keep talking to your partner. Don’t let your terrible loss put a wedge between you. You need each other now more than anything.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Feels like someone’s hit the pause button paul4stones. Anyway I’m butting out, this isn’t about me.

alpin
    Free Member

i was going to suggest riding through a stream and then using a stick, but i guess that’s not the kida shit you meant….

chin up, fella…. look after your lady.

Lakes_Puma

My family don’t even know this (and fortunately don’t read this forum) but we had the same thing happen, not very long into the term, but we now have a healthy, happy 3 year old. I hope you get over it and are able to move forward with your lives.

stany
    Free Member

Wow. Again, thankyou all. It’s positive vibes that keep us going and don’t worry, i’m withh mrs stan all the way. We’re fully aware of the percentages a d we’ll carry on and try again.
    Seriously, you’ve all helped.
    I feel humbled!

stany
    Free Member

And slightly tearful

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

stany – we’ve been through that a few times. All I’ll add is that no matter how awful you feel – for the girl it seems to be much worse. You love her – you’ll be there for her. And not just be there with solutions. Listening helped.

Thats not meant in any way to negate your grief. But you’ve got a responsibility now. Oh – and her reaction to all this may not be entirely rational.

My best wishes are with you both.

D0NK

Can affect you for quite a while but it mostly passes, not something you’ll ever forget but it fades. Stick together and help each other through it. Get out for a ride to clear your head when you can but don’t rush it.
    Good luck

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve no idea who you are but still sorry to hear that. That’s not an easy thing.

RustySpanner

Stany – sorry to hear your news, not a nice thing to happen at all.
    Take good care of each other.

Best wishes mate,
    Pete.

jamj1974

Tough times Stany – very tough times… Nothing other people will say can change what has happened, but as other people have indicated, it happens to a lot of people so you are not alone. Once most people find out they are are pregnant they invest emotionally in the baby and if you love something and lose it, feelings of grief in all their complexity are completely normal – including anger!

I sometimes think it is harder on the partner as they not only suffer the loss but often support the mother in getting through this hard situation by providing physical, practical and emotional support, leaving looking after themselves last. I believe you are doing the right thing by looking after Mrs Stany, acknowledging your own feelings and also looking for some help for yourself here.

Take care chap, my thoughts are with you (Even if I don’t really know you so to speak…)

J

ourmaninthenorth

Stany – sorry to hear that. We were there in August. Sadly, the cause was a molar pregnancy (v rare), so Dr North now has months of follow up.

We planted two trees in our garden. One for our 2 yo daughter. And one for the one that got away.

Be there for your Mrs – it will hurt her like you can’t imagine. And it wull hurt you. Hold on tight to each other. Love’s the greatest healer of all.

samuri
    Free Member

Stany, I feel for you totally. We went through a number of miscarriages. It’s an awful experience. Our souls tore apart through those years. Eventually we were told we would never have another child when it was all we both wanted beyond belief.

It will get easier in a way, but you’ll have some moments thinking back. Sorry to hear of your pain.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘How do you deal with sh!t’ is closed to new replies.