Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How do make an old bike look new – ish ?
  • twedspeed
    Free Member

Hi , my bikes going on E-Bay and I want it to look its best – but years of mud n scratches are showing – what ways do you guys get your steed looking its best – the frame is carbon so whats best for shiney carbon – and how do you get tyres looking black and moist again , instead of grey n dry looking ? any advice on any and all parts along with any tricks o the trade, welcomed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A good clean, wax the frame. Touch up paint if it’s really bad.

Stoner
    Free Member

liberal spraying of GT85 and a wipe over. Take photos before the shine dulls.

M6TTF
    Free Member

New tyres makes a huge difference IMO – don’t have to be expensive ones either – and a damn good clean including all the nooks and crannies you normally don’t bother with

organic355
    Free Member

some of this all over:

then some of this on the tyres:

Milkie
    Free Member

I used to use a tiny amount of T-cut and AutoGlym Super Resin Polish to get the frame looking shiney. I haven’t tried it on carbon and given up caring about the battle scars.

For deep scratches on the car, I used crayons and marker pens (same colour of the paint obviously!). If you’re carbon fibre lacquer has gone white’ish, then there isn’t much you can do, as soon as it dries, it will go white again.

butcher

If you use Super Resin Polish you will need to wax it afterwards, as the polish will not last long at all by itself.

cozz
    Free Member

new tyres and lather it in WD40 for photo

beefheart
    Free Member

Grips and saddle.
    And photoshop.

Rorschach
    Free Member

New tyres,grips and seat. Shiney chain. It’s as about as far as most people look.

BigJohn

Find an old photo, or better still one off the manufacturers website.

It works for brakes, so why not for a whole bike.

Northwind

Bikespray makes everything look showroom. But tbh the photo quality’s most important.

maccruiskeen

Neil-F
    Free Member

+2 for GT85.
    I skoosh some on my bike before a ride to make it easier to clean afterwards, gives it that wet paint look. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do make an old bike look new – ish ?’ is closed to new replies.