Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • How come they didnt notice I wern,t there
  • fullofit
    Free Member

Went out with some so called mates at the weekend and had a major mechanical while at the back , they rode another 40 minutes ,stopped for a group photo etc and didnt even notice I was missing Coold there be a hidden message in their actions or non action I wonder .Thinking of **** em off, what advise can you offer ?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s th speling an grammer, thats wy they dissed you.

Kahurangi

ride at the front?
    wear bright clothing and adopt “hilarious” mannerisms and catchphrases?
    sulk?

sorry, sounds a bit crap 🙁 was it a big group and difficult to corral?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

were they roadies?

garage-dweller

Maybe talk to them as grown ups assuming they are.

Or you need to wash your kit more often.

More seriously poor form for a group ride as that could have been an off. Ride solo and take your chances but on a group ride you shouldn’t lose people without their consent.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

were they roadies?

do they ride Santa Cruz’s and drive Audi’s? 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Are they sour faced?

garage-dweller

does the op they ride Santa Cruz’s and drive Audi’s?

If so that might explain it 😉

Keef
    Free Member

Clue in your forum name ? 😕

fasthaggis

Any group (mates or otherwise)that doesn’t follow the ‘nobody gets left behind’ policy*,is a bit **** IMO.

* unless this was a flat out until death,high speed ,meet you at the end training run 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

*cue Hora leaving people behind war stories*

fasthaggis

jamie
    I imagine that leaving Hora behind would never be accidental .

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought I recognised the username from the last time you asked for advice on here. May offer some insight into a possible answer to your question.

fullofit
    Free Member

Fair play there were about a dozen of us but still not imprest ,specially when Im one o the main players of the group , I were only at the back cos I stopped to take a picture of the losers ,sort of got the message when all the gates had been shut. Any one else had a maxle drop in bits int middle o nowhere when mending a flat.Not imprest with em(mates and maxles)

Jamie
    Free Member

Dual secondary backup additional* logins are fun.

*really not sure what word I am needing here.

fullofit
    Free Member

Eh !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

specially when Im one o the main players of the group

according to you or them?

sort of got the message when all the gates had been shut

Were they locked?

Did you know them or do you just stalk them 🙂

@Jamie perhaps the dozen were all (logins) from here

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Thinking of **** em off, what advise can you offer ?

Sounds like they’ve already ****** you off

JoeG
    Free Member

HOW COME THEY DIDNT NOTICE I WERN,T THERE

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU WERE SHOUTING… 🙄

Pook

In hora’s defence, he never leaves anyone behind. Once abandoned a ride to make sure someone (me) was ok about a mile into it.

mattbee

Were they actually real or have you been eating mushrooms from the eaves of the shed?

ste_t
    Free Member

They clearly knew you would be fast enough to catch up sooner or later, hence they took it easy, stopped for a photo etc etc. Good form closing gates behind them, especially as you were some way behind.

Alternatively, they hate you.

jekkyl

Was the comma instead of an apostrophe deliberate?

womp
    Free Member

Pirates code

He who falls behind shall be left behind.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

more like guidelines really though

kayak23

what advise can you offer ?

A ‘C’ instead of an ‘S’.
    😉

handyandy
    Free Member

He must be a bad person, as he has poor grammar and spelling. I suggest we ban him from the golden halls of STW until his education catches up with ours.

(****)

jekkyl

this is the best bit

specially when Im one o the main players of the group , I were only at the back cos I stopped to take a picture of the losers, sort of got the message when all the gates had been shut.

it’s all becoming clear, someone tampered with your bike, causing it to fall to bits inexplicably, then during the ride you mocked some of the slower riders (like a ****?) by taking a picture, whereupon your bike fell to bits, so they rode off as fast as they could closing all the gates behind them?

……& when you caught up with them they were all taking a picture of a group of friends out for a ride but you weren’t included?
    brilliant.

hora
    Free Member

Ironically I never have a mechanical. Weird on Sunday- my non-driveside crank came loose at the bottom of a long and fast descent 😯

Then it fell off. So I had to the do the last steep/techy descent with my ankle viced against the arm itself. The arm/crank is toast/worn out.

It was a bloody pain and I was conscious that if I was on a long Lakes ride I would TELL other riders to carry on and enjoy their ride. Why beast others for my misfortune?!

chris85
    Free Member

Get a 29er mate, you’ll soon catch em back up! 8)

hora
    Free Member

If he had a 29’er he’d be off winning every Enduro race in the calender as they are that much faster than a 26’er apparently.

z1ppy

I’d be plenty annoyed too, I believe you should watch (be-aware of) the rider behind, if they stop (disappear), you stop & return back up the trail to them if they don’t appear in reasonable time and this should propagate up the group. That said with a 12 riders & gates they should have been stopping regularly enough to group up and check everyone was there – poor form on their part.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’M SURE THE THREAD TITLE WAS IN CAPITALS EARLIER.

Drac

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Yeahhhh but zippy, the guy sound like a roiggght bell end, no wonder they ran away from him.

clubber
    Free Member

I with to petition for the OP to be changed from ‘member’ to ‘main player’ 🙂

z1ppy

Anus.. we had that with a group that I used to ride with (disbanded since), but they at least made it clear to the guy (I didn’t care either way)

gonzy
    Free Member

Weird on Sunday- my non-driveside crank came loose at the bottom of a long and fast descent

is there any part of your bike you havent killed yet Hora?
    come and take your seatpost man!!

fullofit
    Free Member

Thanks for all your advise chaps (none),think ill give em another chance to redeem themselves .ttfn

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘How come they didnt notice I wern,t there’ is closed to new replies.