Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How big to Conti Mountain King 2.4's come up ?
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

Seems like a good deal at On-One at the mo for Conti Mountain Kings, i need a new set of tyres for the Alps at the end of this month, how big do the 2.4's come up are they a full 2.4 ?

heihei

About average for a 2.35" – 2.4" tyre. It's the Rubber Queen that's huge. Note that imho MK's are pants in the wet.

tragically1969
    Free Member

OK cheers, need a good all rounder without spending £40 a tyre in 2.2-2.4 then in that case, any suggestions ?

nickc

MK 2.4 is decent enough tyre, rolls a bit on narrow rims though.

tragically1969
    Free Member

They will be on Fulcrum Red Metal 5's so should be OK i would hope

neil853
    Free Member

a good all round tyre, yes in mud they're a bit poor but there not a mud tyre. fast rolling and light tyre too

darrell
    Free Member

been running MK 2.4 on the front and a 2.2 on the back of my Cotic Bfe for the past 6 months. I couldnt get used to them. I've switched back to Nobby Nics. they were total pants if there was even a smidgen of moisture on any the trails. I tried my best to adapt my riding style but to no avail. I wont be using them again. Sometime in the future they will get put on my hack bike

thefallguy
    Free Member

OK cheers, need a good all rounder without spending £40 a tyre in 2.2-2.4 then in that case, any suggestions ?

Have a look at Specialized Eskar Control 2Bliss 2.35 700g £20-23.00
    They blow up fairly large similar to a Nevegal 2.35, and I really like them.
    I have run these tubeless for the last year on my beefier wheelset. In a year of rides in the dark peak, scottish & welsh trail centres and in the lakes in a variety of conditions have been really impressed with grip levels, longevity and how well the sidewalls have stood up to rocks, only chink in armour is sticky mud and wet root performance.

Andy-W
    Free Member

Got the 2.4 protection on my Five and put them side by side to some highrollers 2.35 and if anything the highrollers were a tad smaller

but i guess that could be all down to the rims fitted

will deffo get another set of the Mountain Kings but would also like to try the highrollers as well

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How big to Conti Mountain King 2.4's come up ?’ is closed to new replies.