Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How badly does card fraud affect your credit rating?
  • glenh
    Free Member

My card details were used by someone else for online gambling.

The card has been cancelled and the transactions revoked, but I’m wondering how this will affect my credit rating?

I’ve never had this happen before, and have always had a pretty good rating I think (certainly never had a problem getting cards/loans/mortgage).

BoardinBob

No effect at all

glenh
    Free Member

Really? The guy on the card fraud line said I would get a new credit limit and minimum payment, so I assumed that would be related to a new credit rating?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Credit limit is often used as part of security details.

highclimber
    Free Member

if you think your credit rating is affected by fraud (usually from identity fraud not general card cloning) you can ask the credit rating company to correct the information though I doubt your problem has affected your CR.

5lab

if the limits lower its probably just because your card details became compromised, so they are likely to become compromised again (so the bank is limiting its exposure).

What did they change the minimum payment from\to? this could just be using a customer interaction to update an account

footflaps

The general trend is reduced credit limits, so they may just be taking the opportunity to apply newer limits. I got a new card recently and the default credit limit was a lot lower than a few years back (when Egg gave £8k to anyone with a job!!).

duckman

Egg giving £8k to anybody with a job…I remember that….Then they took it back REALLY suddenly 😐

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How badly does card fraud affect your credit rating?’ is closed to new replies.