Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Houndkirk Moor – nearly taken out by a 4×4 – who to report to?
  • MrNice
    Free Member

One of those off road types was roaring up and down Houndkirk Rd this afternoon. Beeping his horn as he overtook people, doing donuts in the heather, up and down the banks digging ditches etc. Piece de resistance was to overtake me, swerve in front and stand on the brakes. I had a chat with some walkers who saw it all and intend to report (we have his reg number). Who would be interested and able to do something? There used to be a sign up with contact details until it was vandalised by other off-roaders…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Police!

ianfitz
    Free Member

hounkirk is legally a road so call 101. if you have witness details and or pictures/video then even better

project
    Free Member

enter the reg number into google and see wht comes up,same withn you tube,mupets like that usually publicise their meanderings.

MrNice
    Free Member

No pictures. I started to get the phone out and he reversed back to ask “are you taking pictures of me. With 4 in the car I decided the correct answer was no.

Gave my number to the walkers but didn’t get theirs. Will see if they get in contact later.

TBH, it’s the destroying the moorland aspect that I’m interested in reporting. I’m sort of used to people driving like dicks.

Nothing interesting found on google…

antigee

not sure if Houndkirk is just inside South Yorks but this guy I believe still heads up education/enforcement for off roading for Derbyshire parts of Peak NP and may point to you a specific officer to contact with the details if South Yorks

Pc 616 Kevin Lowe
    Tideswell & Area Villages SNT
    Derbyshire Constabulary
    Bakewell Police Station Tel: 0345 123 33 33 (Ext: 722/2029)
    E-mail: kevin.lowe.616@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk
    Web: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Houndkirk Moor – nearly taken out by a 4×4 – who to report to?’ is closed to new replies.