Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hose clamps on carbon forks
  • vorlich
    Free Member

I’ve just about finished building my backpacking 29er and am running Pace carbon forks.

I have a Salsa Anything cage for carrying my shelter [700g], which was mounted on the downtube bosses, but it fouls the bottle cage mounted on the seat tube, so I can’t use both in the front triangle.

I was wondering about hose clamping it to the fork, with some old inner tube between the clamp and leg. Will I die?

gee
    Free Member

Zefal make clips designed to add bottle cages to tubes without them. No need to bodge.

Salsa make forks that have bottle mounts on the fork already.

As for hanging the weight of a shelter off a carbon fork… It doesn’t weigh much so it would probably be ok.

GB

druidh
    Free Member

I plan to mount a bottle cage on my Snowpack forks. As long as you are not being stupid tightening it, what could go wrong? 🙂

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks for that tip on the Gizmo. Plastic would be preferable to a steel clamp I suppose, less chance of damage through overtightening. Which has me thinking, as the Salsa cage is designed to allow it to be strapped or bolted, maybe I’ll just try some heavy duty cable ties in the first instance, as I already have some handy.

Druidh, just had a look at those forks. They look lovely! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hose clamps on carbon forks’ is closed to new replies.