Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope X2 brake problems
  • pedlad

Any brake gurus out there?

After 18 months of being faultless my front brake lever started pulling to the bars the other night. Pretty new pads in with loads of wear left. I’ve now bled the brake following the hope video and still got the same problem….

gee
    Free Member

It’s either leaking or isn’t bled properly. Did you push the pistons all the way back in?

GB

coatesy
    Free Member

If you’ve got no obvious leaks, i’d guess at the primary seal on the master cylinder piston, though this may also prevent you generating pressure during bleeding.Another possibility without an immediately obvious leak is a split diaphragm under the reservoir cap letting air in.

pedlad

No big leaks I am generating some braking force but only right up against bars. But have to wind the bite point adjuster right up. I did bleed them with that wound out tho as instructed. Pulled plenty of fluid through Weird

coatesy
    Free Member

Sounds like there’s still air in the system, check you’ve got no “humps” in the hose run, as they can cause air pockets that are difficult to shift when bleeding. Try to get the hose as straight as possible when bleeding,and see if it makes any difference.

pedlad

Ok ta

duir
    Free Member

I experienced a tiny fracture on two different X2 callipers. The fracture was on the main calliper body where the hose joins and was hairline so barely detectable. I couldn’t eliminate all the system air despite several bleeds and eventually noticed the problem. Hope as usual and within 3 days had replaced the calliper with zero questions asked. When it happened a second time I asked hope if they would swap it for an M4 calliper if I paid the difference but instead of charging me they sent me a brand new M4 calliper free.

Maybe a similar problem you have? Speak to Hope their backup is second to none.

DickBarton

Sounds like trapped air to me…put bike upright so the caliper is lowest point and cable as near vertical travel to the lever – lock lever on overnight and leave…remove lock in morning and lever should be much firmer – air should now be in reservoir – remove top cap and top up reservoir. Might need a few of these to get it all out, it doesn’t replace conventional bleeding but it can help it.

hambl90
    Free Member

I had the same problem as duir, check your caliper, also had the same excellent service from hope.

pedlad

Thanks for collective wisdom. No hairline cracks (phew) but the overnight lever lock trick worked. Ta dickBarton.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope X2 brake problems’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM