Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope vision 4 on the bars, Which helmet light??
  • kinda666
    Free Member

One of my work colleagues is currently using one of these on his bars, he has the set with the two batteries, but really wants a helmet light too! He would like either another 4 or maybe a vision 2?? Are the batteries interchangable and does anyone on here run any/either of these combo's??

grumm
    Free Member

Why not just get a dealextreme p2 torch?

kinda666
    Free Member

More money than sense!! He's one of them! 🙂

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

I'm 4 on the lid, 2 on the bars.

too many shadows the other way round. Coverage is pretty good although the colour could do with being a bit warmer.

kinda666
    Free Member

Do you think 4 on the bars and 4 on the lid would work or not??

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

The problem i had with shadows when using the 4 on the bars was due to me angling the light to get maximum distance. This meant that with the light being mounted low and pointing parallel to the ground any small hollows became large dark patches of unknown depth. The 2 on the lid was angled down to compensate but this meant that my eye line was only a couple of meters in front of the front wheel and ultimately resulted in me slowing down because I wasn't looking far enough ahead.

Having the 2 on the bars pointed slightly down provides plenty of light at the front wheel and having the 4s up high reduces greatly the size of the dark areas.

Having 2 sets of 4s maybe overkill – only way to find out is to borrow a set.

kinda666
    Free Member

Cheers MLC, i assume the 4 has a couple of different optics to give throw and flood? which probably the 2's don't have?? I've got a Lumi led (flood) on the bars and a dinotte 200l (soon to be a triple xp-e conversion) on the lid!

He'll probably go for the overkill! 🙂

knott4me
    Free Member

answer-pathetic amount of light .very fiddly & build quality is shocking.

splash the cash . exposure joystick will do the job superbly.

wiggle have a ltd ed cam version marginally cheaper than a std model around £120.00. will kick the chinese dealextreme into touch for power had a much better quality lens & the battery lasts for ever & build quality is now second to none.

steve_b77
    Free Member

How much bloody light does he want? I've got a Hope 2 that I run on the bars and it's more than enuff for night riding.

A little less light adds to the experience and makes you sharpen up too 8)

grumm
    Free Member

answer-pathetic amount of light .very fiddly & build quality is shocking.

splash the cash . exposure joystick will do the job superbly.

wiggle have a ltd ed cam version marginally cheaper than a std model around £120.00. will kick the chinese dealextreme into touch for power had a much better quality lens & the battery lasts for ever & build quality is now second to none.

pathetic amount of light? 😆

If you want to spend lots of money on lights then go right ahead, but don't kid yourself that there is any significant advantage. Not sure how you work out that that exposure is brighter.

If you want something with better build quality but similar power you could get a fenix torch – still a third of the price of the exposure.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

unless he can ride a 10 mile in less than 20 minutes he doesn't need the extra light

Northwind

knott4me: "answer-pathetic amount of light .very fiddly & build quality is shocking."

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever. The build quality of the torches is perfectly good. As for light output, you're recommending the joystick, a light with less than half the output!

kinda666
    Free Member

steve_b77 – Member

How much bloody light does he want? I've got a Hope 2 that I run on the bars and it's more than enuff for night riding.

A little less light adds to the experience and makes you sharpen up too

I told him to just go and ride in the day instead!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision 4 on the bars, Which helmet light??’ is closed to new replies.