Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Tech 3 E4 AND Rockshox Pike Which Brake Mount Adaptor (Revisited)
  • 21dwb
    Free Member

Just over a year ago I was on here asking pretty much the same question. I’m here again to clarify something I think I know but just want to check.

So I currently run Pike forks with XT brakes on the front of my Stanton Switchback and use the mount in the link. Now I have decided to delve into the world of Hope brakes the Tech 3 E4 model to be precise and increase the disk to a 203mm from the 180mm currently fitted.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-mount-adaptor-front-post-to-post/rp-prod13747?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=generic78888&awc=2698_1472318954_df706a1cdbf6ff53dd55b7dd1019ea25

My question is can I just order the adaptor from the same link; just the larger size or is the fitment for Hope callipers different?

Plus before I pull the trigger on the Hope Tech 3 E4’s; are they as good as the magazine reviews seem to think?

Rubber_Buccaneer

With the E4 calliper you would be safest buying the appropriate Hope adaptor. I use a 180mm front on a Pike, an old Avid adaptor was no good and a Shimano XTR only fitted with a little filing to prevent the calliper contacting the adaptor

Rubber_Buccaneer

and they are good. Worth the premium over other options to have ‘made in England’ and excellent serviceability, that’s a personal choice. I say yes 🙂

soundninjauk

After much googling and looking at Hope Tech charts and information sheets, I ordered one of the ‘Front 203mm – Rear 203mm‘ from CRC to fit an E4 calliper to a Pike with a Hope 203mm floating rotor. Works a treat.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I would definitely recommend the genuine hope adaptor (I run E4’s on pikes) as the twin pot caliper body is a slightly different shape to a standard body and it will foul on most standard mounts, I’m pretty sure I used to have a Shimano mount which I had to swap for a hope mount as the hope mounts are a subtly different shape to clear the caliper.

And yes, IMO the brakes are as good as the reviews 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

yeah the Shimano 203 has a straight connecting piece which is no good with the E4 caliper. The Hope mount has a curved connecting piece to give clearance.

chiefgrooveguru

I love the Tech 3 E4 brakes – I have them on one bike and an earlier set of Race Evo M4 on the other. I’ve taken to using matched discs, 183 front and rear, which has helped with my commitment to really using the front brake hard compared to when I had a smaller rear disc and was a little bit scared of skidding the front and hitting the deck.

21dwb
    Free Member

Awesome thank you very much

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech 3 E4 AND Rockshox Pike Which Brake Mount Adaptor (Revisited)’ is closed to new replies.