Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope R4 light, reviews please…
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Anyone one using the above light.
    Can you review it please, battery life, power, etc…?

saladdodger
    Free Member

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/bike-light-database.html

it is down the bottom of this page there are alot of other lights here to dissuade you from hope

creamegg
    Free Member

I’ve got one and use it as a headlight with a more powerful light on the bars. I have used it in its own and it’s ok but if you’re doing a lot of night riding you may feel you need another light to go with it. Always good to have two lights anyway due to shadows and if one breaks. Battery life is ok, probably around 1.5 hours on full- I have two if the smaller batteries (so 1.5 hrs per small battery). If mounting battery to helmet the small ones are probably better due to jess weight, but you can stick it in the camelbak too. The review in that link above is accurate in terms of beam pattern and throw.

The lights are well made, but with good cheaper alternatives about these days I’m not sure I’d buy another at the current price. If your on a budget I’d rather get two cheaper lights at £80 each and have one headlight and one on the bars

CHB

Thats a fantastic link, and as owner of some of those lights, the reviewer is spot on!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I like mine, granted there are brighter lights out there.

There is a slight lack of penetration but the spread is very good and the light a nice colour, if you know what I mean.

The build quality is top notch and it’s properly waterproof. Also I got it for considerably less than rrp :mrgreen:

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I like mine but bought it cos it had a decent strap for using as a head torch (2 cell battery version).

For biking, handlebar mounted only, there are probably as good but cheaper options.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope R4 light, reviews please…’ is closed to new replies.