Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • hope pro 2 wheels freehub question
  • richi
    Free Member

thinking my freehub on my bike is on the way out keeps slipping etc. The wheels are hope pro 2 would i have to get the hope pro 2 freehub or could i get a different type?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Or you could just service it instead.

dannyh
    Free Member

If it slips, it may be the pawl springs are broken. There’s not too much else to go wrong. I think you would need a pro 2 to replace it if needs be. Opt for the steel freehub body if you do change it, the alloy ones seem to be made of solder the way cassettes tear into the splines!

happyrider
    Free Member

In an entirely less Singletrackworld reply… (Nice one Rorchach)

Yes you will need a Hope freehub. Easy enough to service though, it’s most likely the grease has gone dry and the springs etc aren’t letting the ratchets engage properly. do a youtube search for how to service it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I implied all that in my reply :mrgreen:

richi
    Free Member

Rorschach service is pointless as it is the old alloy one as dannyh pointed out so the casette has dug in and taken out the groves so i might as well replace for the steel version, they just seem more expensive then say the shimanos but if i need the hope version its what i need

thanks for the help i will get one ordered

mrmo
    Free Member

Rorschach service is pointless

do you know what a service entails!!!

take wheel off freehub falls off or comes off with a gentle tug, clean pawls reassemble.

If you want to spend money on a new freehub that is your call, but pointless unless it is really trashed,

ssboggy

Probably will need new springs, I’ve seen 2 recently were the springs have broken, no need for a new freehub body

Northwind

Agree with these guys- slipping’s not likely to be caused by hub/cassette damage unless it’s totally stripped out the splines, which is very rare. But very likely to be caused by the pawls/springs as the sealing is poor and the parts a wee bit delicate- always worth checking and fairly straightforward. It won’t be wasted time even if you do need a new freehub body as it’ll get things ready for the swap and checks all the other bits are OK.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘hope pro 2 wheels freehub question’ is closed to new replies.