Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Mono M4 brake pads – are there different ones
  • charliemort

just bought some marked (2013 -) – they are bigger than my usual ones but fit in okay

however, pad isn’t making proper contact with full area of the disc – just the inside area

is this because the pad is incompatible, or maybe because disc is a bit worn?

thanks

fergusd

Hope seem to have started supplying larger pads for M4 calipers, deeper than the ones they have before. I mailed Hope as I thought I’d got the wrong ones, but apparently not. So now all my disks have the same problem as you using hope pads, so I’m not using them any more which is a shame because I like them. So unless you have practically new disks this will be a problem.

carlosg
    Free Member

Shimano M755 pads fit mono m4’s too. I’ve found the sintered Shimano pads feel better than the Hope ones (and can usually be had for less £ too)

rickmeister

Superstar for me, work fine..

charliemort

fergusd – I think you’ve got it! wonders of t’interweb………

bruneep

can you explain that better, I’m not getting it.

charliemort

pads go in caliper okay but are actually bigger than my old ones

from what fergusd said Hope have changed the design for a slightly deeper pad

this is okay if your rotor is new and nice and smooth. Mine is a bit worn so pad only engages inner bit of rotor and doesn’t touch the main smnooth surface

hope that helps……

chiefgrooveguru

The new E4 caliper is just like the old M4 (with the hose and bleed port positions swapped) but the E4 pad is taller. M4 pads for in the E4 definitely (and vice versa probably!)

M4:

E4:

Is that the difference you’ve noticed?

charliemort

Yup that’s it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mono M4 brake pads – are there different ones’ is closed to new replies.