Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope Hoop wheelset deal
  • marklamarr
    Free Member

Any good deals around for a pair of Pro 2’s on DT 5.1 rims (online or instore)?
    I assume coz they’re built by Hope it doesn’t need any build input from the LBS retailer, so not fussed who can supply.

lcj

I dont think there is such a thing as a good deal on a DT 5.1 because they’re made of cheese and unfit for purpose. Sorry.

marklamarr
    Free Member

thanks, but your unsupported claim/experience does not really help. If you have soemthing to back up your comment i’d be pleased to hear more.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Why not just buy some from Merlin and tailor spokes etc. to your own requirements?

slowrider
    Free Member

IMO you would be daft to go for the 5.1 while hope still have their pro2 with stans flow build at £285. lighter, stronger, better for tubeless and only £25 quid more than buying the rims, spokes and paying for a wheelbuild would cost on your own hubs. id hurry though cos once hope run out of stock and have to order some more rims their prices will have to go up. rrp on flows is now £90 each!!!!

Anthony
    Free Member

And get them through Roger at Wheelpro.

z1ppy

2nd the Roger Musson Wheelpro comment

STATO
    Free Member

My flows on Pro2 from RM@wheelpro just arrived, very nice they are too 😀

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

don’t know if wiggle will be repeating the 20% of wheel deal at any time this year, but with a couple of 5ver off vouchers i bought a pair of hoops for under 200quid in the autumn. buying via topcashback would bring that down even more.

beyond that it may be prudent to shop about as sometimes one place has a front or rear cheaper than the others but a pair at the standard rate. winstanleys seem cheap, and stif with a 15% off wknd.

nicko74

How about with XC717s – what kinda price can they be found for?

daveh
    Free Member

Have a word with Lexs, good prices to start with and always willing to deal.

http://www.lexs.co.uk/acatalog/Hope_Pro_2__Pair_.html

Imprezarob
    Free Member

Responding to LCJ, that’s nonsense. I’ve got 5.1’s and they’re absolutely fine.

I think the original batch made have been weak a few years back, but that was a long time ago.

lcj

There are two hanging on my garage wall and another two in my mate’s garage, both split, dented and bent beyond use. On less than a year’s riding, and built by a reputable local wheel builder, whose other wheels have been fine. That’s support enough for me 🙂

GTDave
    Free Member

My 5.1D’s on Pro II’s have 18 months trail time on them.
    They were machine not handbuilt ones, and have taken quite a few knocks & scrapes.

Still spot on & perfectly true. Pulled the hubs apart last week for a clean, didn’t need to, they were good as new inside.

Spud

Drop the chaps at 18Bikes a line.

takisawa2

XC717’s providing sterling service on Pro2’s for me.
    Would struggle to justify spending more.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoop wheelset deal’ is closed to new replies.