Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope Hoop rims – DT EX500 vs Flow
  • scruff
    Free Member

Looking at Hope hoops, will be run tubeless, I know Stans are a piece of cake but unsure about DT tubeless ease?

Also, longevity & stiffness are equal priority, DT a bit heavier but have eyelets…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

i have DT 500 (well 5.1, the old name) on my FS and lighter DT rims on my HT. No complaints or bad experiences with either and theyve done thousands of metres of rocky descending in rockies and spain but I am not heavy, and DT rims seem (on internet at least) to have a rep for being soft, whereas Flow seem to be the Rim Of Choice.

No experience of running tubeless, still a luddite.

br
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Hope/5.1’s tubeless’d using Stans rim strips for a few years now, no problems at all.

But if I was buying now, I’d go Flow’s as opposed to 5.1/500’s after buying Crest’s on my last set – and tbh unless I was lardy/Alps-man I’d look at Crests anyway. They are almost as wide as 5.1’s, and seem very strong.

mttm
    Free Member

I’ve run both for years. Flows are a doddle to run tubeless, 5.1d less so (I used the Eclipse / DT Swiss strips with mine). Flows are also significantly wider and support bigger tyres nicely. I’d go with the Flow…

IGMC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoop rims – DT EX500 vs Flow’ is closed to new replies.