Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 706 total)
  • Hope brake fanbois, you won’t want these
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Surely that’s another plus for Hope – you can get them in different colours?

honourablegeorge

Look pretty good in solver, less so in black with colours

nixie

The colours look better the tech 3 way with the large areas in colour and black highlights.

balfa
    Free Member

A bold claim of “30% power increase from Tech 3”!

kimbers

Can I get away with just a lever upgrade?

Was v close to getting some code rscs

£400 a set for hopes vs ~£300 for codes tho

rone

Hope for years on the same bikes. Pads once a year on lots of miles. I’ve never had one fail, and performed scant maintenance.

Built properly.

Shimano basically just cheap and okay as mass produced item.

But not in the same league as Hope.

nixie

Other than when they swapped from 2 piston sizes to pistons of the same size the callipers don’t seem to change much. A quick picture comparison and they look the same to me.

sharkattack

I’m sure I’ve said this a hundred times before but I love that Hope brakes last forever, and I don’t love that some much cheaper, more disposable, less reliable brakes are much more powerful. If they can redress the balance I’d be back on board.

nickjb
    Free Member

But not in the same league as Hope.

Yep. Hope now lagging far behind the others in stopping power. They still have more colours though

andybrad

where can i buy just the leavers?

sharkattack

I’m guessing but probably any bike shop in the country, same as all Hope stuff.

Dickyboy

All over the country with a big red bus?

andybrad

none available to purchase online as far as i can see

bigyan
    Free Member

Only complete Tech 4 brakes on the Hope b2b website currently. Tech 4 levers are not listed separately as a spare part yet.

doomanic

All over the country with a big red bus?

Chapeau.

endomick
    Free Member

The black with coloured bits aren’t doing it for me, I think the big white 4 on the mc cap ruins it, the silver with blue is the only one I’m liking at the moment.

tjagain

I am getting them in polished for my Shand (or is it tech 3 cant remember)

If they come with those horrid black caps tho they are going to be stripped and polished by me however.  Very unlike hope IMO to have something so tacky looking

Northwind

The gold is hideous as ever but I like the black on silver.

greeny30
    Free Member

That is orange, it wouldn’t hurt if they brought back the gold and the gunmetal, these would look awesome in full gunmetal, as is, I think the full silver will be a good seller.

reeksy

So Hope brakes are actually a thing then? I’ve never used them. As far as I know they’re something that scammers attempt to ‘sell’ on Facebook marketplace.

Personally, I loved two pot XT and XTRs, but eventually they leak or the m/c pistons wear out. Now running Formula Cura 2 and Magura MT5 and frankly they both have more feel and probably a bit more power – but were definitely cheaper than Shimano (a major consideration for me).

the00
    Free Member

It’s been a long time since I last used Hope brakes, but must say I’m interested by these. They look well made, kinda like a cheaper option to Trickstuff.

DickBarton

Would a Hope lever work with a SRAM Code caliper? I’m thinking I’d get the lever feel I like from the Hope lever easier than I don’t with the SRAM lever. I really like the Codes stopping power but the lever feel isn’t my preferred…

julians
    Free Member

I’ll be interested to read the reviews on these to see if they’ve got the power up to anywhere near codes, maguras,shimano etc

bigyan
    Free Member

I am getting them in polished for my Shand (or is it tech 3 cant remember)

If they come with those horrid black caps tho they are going to be stripped and polished by me however. Very unlike hope IMO to have something so tacky looking

Tech 4 come in silver/silver with just the Tech 4 in white.

Tech 3 silver would come with black lever blade, black top cap and bore caps, but you can buy a silver lever blade, master cylinder lid and bore cap separately if you wish.

greeny30
    Free Member

That 30% increase claim puts them at 14% more torque than Saints, that’s going off the enduro mag group test from a few years back, a 15% increase puts them level with Saints.

honourablegeorge

andybrad

Try a UKIP conference

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

😂😂😂 made my day George

robo89
    Free Member

Some people are easily pleased.

robo89
    Free Member

Looking on Evocycles site they’re only taking orders for tech4 E4 brakes, wonder how much power you’d get with V4 caliper and what its equal to in power. The prices for tech3 E4 are the lowest I’ve seen for a while. Never used Evocycles myself, are they decent.

dyna-ti

Hope now lagging far behind the others in stopping power.

I see quite a number of Hope brake users V4,E4 on my Emtb forum. Those are 50+lbs bikes, yet theres no threads about them being underpowered.

argee

I always want to get back into Hope brakes, but i’ve just stuck with XTs for years, or MT7s as they both do 1 finger levers that i like the feel off, these Tech4s look like they’re not going to be comfortable with 1 finger braking, are hope doing any other lever blades, or is this it?

grum
    Free Member

I don’t own either brand now but I’ve generally found Hope brakes to be really good, and the Shimano brakes everyone on here spaffs over to be mediocre at best. I weigh 17 stone on a good day and did the Megavalanche with Hope brakes that never let me down. Maybe I was just lucky.

dyna-ti

did the Megavalanche with Hope brakes that never let me down.

You wouldn’t happen to have a vid of that would you ?. It’s a ‘race’ i’ve always wanted to do, even thought the chances of me finishing so far back that most will be on the plane home by the time I come in 😆

I’ve watched a lot of the vids and its not embarrassing to see riders mincing it,walking mostly or dabbing a foot or ten , so if thats the case just post it up. Thats a bit like yacht racing, in that being seasick isnt something to be embarrassed about, its just a part of the game.

nickjb
    Free Member

yet theres no threads about them being underpowered.

Do you know what this thread is about? 😉

dyna-ti

Do you know what this thread is about? 😉

I do yes. Its about the latest Hope enduro brakes.

Sorry,I’m missing your direction on this 🙂

kimbers

Biketart website now says summer 22 rather than spring 22

#+still no news on levers only option 😕

thegman67

I have had Hope brakes for the last 12 years and can’t see by them. Takes 5 mins to set up each end and their ready to go. No issue with stoping power either and I weight 115kg before mtb gear goes on.

hannahjayy
    Free Member

They’re launching in March, won’t be available as just lever for a while yet though, need to prioritise machine time for complete brakes while there’s so many on order. Any Hope dealer can pre-order Tech 4s now.

kimbers

Ooh

Thanks!

benpinnick

Pre-orders now are for late 2022. Yoiks!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 706 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.