Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope brake adaptor – Am I being a numpty?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Trying to fit my Hope M4 Calliper to Magura Thor forks.
    Caliper is a No.3, IS mount for 185mm rotor, I'm using Hopes own HBSM20H adaptor with a new 205mm rotor.

If I fit it one way round, its too far from the rotor, the other way, the caliper body catches on the adaptor. what am i doing wrong???

kevonakona
    Free Member

Turn the adaptor so the top in your picture is at the bottom. Think you have it the wrong way up.

Actually convinced its on upside down.

top bolt become bottom et voila.

Kahurangi

kev- the bottom picture has the mount t'other way up. Neither works is his point.

Double check the packaging and marking on the adaptor. Last time I got a disc adaptor from CRC they'd labelled the packet wrong – always worth checking.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Yeah sorry mate just looked carefully at top pic. the adaptor is pushing it too far away. In my head i'm thinking that the caliper is for a 185 disc and you've got an adaptor taking a 165 to 205. but i've been wrong before.

Is that really a 205 disc looks smaller than mine did.

coatesy
    Free Member

There was a thread on this subject only last week, now on the next page at this moment. Seems that Thors have a built in +20 mount so you'll need a larger disc again.(original thread started by hamishthecat.)

Kahurangi

Oops, I also hadn't notice that you were starting with a 185 mm caliper – I'd assumed it was a normal 160 mm rotor caliper,so with the Thor's 180 rotor post mount and a +20 adaptor you were on the money.

Doesn't look like it's possible to fit in a PM to IS adaptor without adding +20 to the rotor. New caliper time?

coogan
    Free Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope brake adaptor – Am I being a numpty?’ is closed to new replies.