Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Homeland Series Finale – Possible Spoiler Alert
  • shotsaway
    Free Member

Didn’t see that coming!

The first 30 minutes were a bit slow but they needed to finish with a bang. The writers certainly did that.

Season 3 should be a cracker. Only 9 months to wait 🙁

footflaps

Yep, saw it last WE, sets up the next series nicely.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cracking way to go

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

thought it was dragging like a witches fit, then it kicked off, but how will she explain her absence?

footflaps

but how will she explain her absence?

Sol will let her off as he has a weak spot for her….

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Season 3 : Carrie tries to clear Brodie’s name while Brodie learns to mountain bike and drink beer in Canada.

footflaps

Also, who lets a random person drive a car right next to 200 of the top government officials and then wander off. You’d never get a car within 500 yards!

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Its been growing on me…slowly. Sol is a fantastic character, makes the show for me. Carrie on the other hand winds me up, she is perhaps the worst field operative ever and painful to watch

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

what’s this doing in the bike forum?

boxfish
    Free Member

Brodie to become double agent in series 3?

headfirst
    Free Member

And why wouldn’t the president be at the VP’s memorial?

As soon as the two of them got up to leave I thought ‘BOOM!’

franksinatra

but how will she explain her absence?

She doesn’t need to, Sol and Brodie plotted the hit.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s Saul, surely??! Anyway, good ending to the end series – gets crazier all the time, good sunday telly in my opinion.

philfive
    Free Member

Brody has been set up for the bomb, they assumed he would be killed, hence why his video was leaked. he didnt park his car by the conference room it was clearly parked a distance away when he got out of it, in fact he mentions that it has been moved when he was in the office with Carrie.

I don’t think that Saul is the mole, he was over seeing nazirs bureal at sea and somebody moved the car before i exploded, the person had to have CIA clearance to get in.

Houns

Saul behind it all?

Brodie using Carrie all along so he could get her to help him escape?

Yup, CIA HQ. There will be no CCTV cameras at all to check to see who drove the car

lazybike
    Free Member

Carrie should be an MMA fighter…..she’d get beaten up less.

Brodie will be killed by a bear on the way to the cabin.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I keep reading this “Saul is the mole” theory

Surely if you watched the show back from ep 1 with this theory in mind the show would make no sense at all

Think series 2 has been pretty thin compared to series 1 to be honest

philfive
    Free Member

There is no way that saul is the mole, it would make no sense at all.

docrobster
    Free Member

Where was Quinn when the bomb went off?
    Notice he didn’t shoot brodie when he was praying?
    I think he looks a bit dodgy still.
    Saul will end up president of the USA in series 6

soma_rich
    Free Member

It has to be Qin doesn’t it? Thats why he didn’t knock Brodie off so he has a fall guy?

thepodge
    Free Member

Quinn is the most obvious. He even said “I’m a person who kills bad people” twice after not shooting Brodie and threatening David

muggomagic

Great end to the series, certainly didn’t see it coming. Season 3 will be all about Saul and Carrie uncovering a huge government conspiracy.

philfive
    Free Member

but if Quinn had moved the car then they would of showed at the memorial, as Quinn as working for dar adel and he didn’t Kill broody then you would assume that he would be reprimaneded for not following orders.

bit of a curveball

What if Dar Adel, the secret wetwork boss, is behind the explosion, Quinn has already pointed out that Este was a bad man and they think he is a liability, what easier way to wipe out the current CIA boss and his bumchums than what happened. They have used broody as the scapegoat and released his video, which the CIA also have a copy of.

lazybike
    Free Member

Think series 2 has been pretty thin compared to series 1 to be honest

They should of had Brodie detonate his bomb, then series 2 could have filled in the back story. Its going to go all 24 now. An enjoyable watch though.

grievoustim
    Free Member

This Dar Adel character is where it’s at – series 3 will be about a conspiracy within the us intelligence services . Dar Adel has done away with the CIA so he can create a new more powerful agency he is in charge of. He will have given the order to spare Brody – as he was needed as a fall guy

thepodge
    Free Member

Has anyone seen or read the original story that this is based on?

allthepies
    Free Member

Saul had recently undergone a polygraph test and presumably passed.
    Quinn looked like he was going to shoot Brodie in a car back when Abu Wazzisname was thought killed in the camera crew ambush but was stood down by Estes at the last minute. Doesn’t make sense if Brodie was going to be the fall guy for the big event.

philfive
    Free Member

They have decided to use broody as a patsy instead.

ajc
    Free Member

Or maybe they just make it up as they go along dependant on ratings.

shotsaway
    Free Member

They will need to clear Brodie fairly quickly in series 3, otherwise he will only play a bit part. It’s not like he will be able to walk down the street, after-all he is now on the “most wanted” list for killing all those people. How much will be be able to do at the log cabin? Fishing, hunting & mountain biking.

Somebody mentioned earlier up the thread, as to why the President wasn’t at the VP’s memorial? I don’t ever remember seeing the President in any episode?

shadowrider
    Free Member

I thought it started off as a great series, but slowly turned into a rubbish love story, there’s no way on earth you would let a total head the ball like Carrie be anything to do with the CIA. The series needs a big shake up and a few deaths to freshen it up.

richmars

Slowly getting worse, and as ajc says, making it up as they go along. Don’t the CIA search cars, or use CCTV? (‘who’s that driving Sen. Brody’s car?’)
    For that reason, series 3, I’m out.

scuttler

Somebody mentioned earlier up the thread, as to why the President wasn’t at the VP’s memorial? I don’t ever remember seeing the President in any episode?

It was a CIA-only memorial as VP was ex-Director during a turbulent time. There would’ve been other memorials for the President and ‘party’, college chums etc.

FOG

It has definitely been getting more and more left field and improbable so I think the next season will proceed without me.
    More plot flaws
    1. Why does Abu Nazir need any help when he has the infrastucture to take out a whole CIA/FBI team at the Tailor’s shop in Gettysburg?
    2. Again, if his operatives can infiltrate a CIA memorial service, move Brody’s car and fill it with explosives who else do they need?
    The scapegoat is just about feasible.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Needs more explosions and less snotty nosed kids.

I’m more desperate for a series 4 of The Killing though.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Homeland Series Finale – Possible Spoiler Alert’ is closed to new replies.