Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Home Surgery…
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone ever removed a skin tag themselves?
    If so how?
    I’ve got one that’s grown to the size of a small pea on my lower back.
    Should i just cut the bugger off?
    I’ve got some alcohol to keep things clean and numb the pain. 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

Normally putting some cotton round them tight at the base and leave for a few days. They’ll turn black and drop off.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just tie a thread around it and it’ll eventually fall off 🙂

wwaswas

Just tie a thread around it

This is STW – he needs something bodged together from a strimmer and a v8 car engine at the very least!

woody2000

Wot he said – my missus has just had some moles removed and the guy doing it said some of them were tags and to do what somo described above (why he didn’t just remove them I don’t know!)

Underhill
    Free Member

Wrap a loop of thread round it tightly. Leave for, I don’t know, half an hour? This constricts blood flow. Then pull the 2 ends of the thread sharply to cut through the skin. Apply wipe & plaster.

That’s what I did a few years ago. Didn’t die. Yet.

singlespeedstu

This is STW – he needs something bodged together from a strimmer and a v8 car engine at the very least!

That’s more like it.
    I was thinking an electric carving knife and a bottle of vodka might do the trick.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Surgery? I just twisted and pulled my skin tag off.

Now the ingrown toenail and Swiss knife incident, that was home surgery!

theotherjonv

Home surgery is for amateurs

Until you’ve cut out a wart using just a pair of compasses during double maths, you’re not even in the game.

The blood went everywhere.

Harry_the_Spider

I pulled a wart out of my thumb once.

It was like the end of a Tarantino movie.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve home suergeied skin tags and ingrown toenails with a swiss army knife. Though you can use strong citrus juice to remove skin tags.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive pulled my own thumbnail (root and all) out with a pair of pliers once. Didnt even cry. Much.

theflatboy
    Free Member

*Warning – possible gross post content*

In the past, I have just picked and removed by brute force skin tags with my bare nails / hands… Slight discomfort, but I survived.

theflatboy
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member

I was thinking an electric carving knife and a bottle of vodka might do the trick.

It might not do much to the skin tag, but video it all the same on the off-chance something else interesting happens…

scunny
    Free Member

I used nail clippers, hygienic!

singlespeedstu

Wrap a loop of thread round it tightly. Leave for, I don’t know, half an hour? This constricts blood flow. Then pull the 2 ends of the thread sharply to cut through the skin.

Just tried that.
    The thread keeps breaking.
    I must have tough skin.

Scissors or stanley knife blade then?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Pull tag out with swiss army knife tweezers then snip with scissors. The tweezers are also good at removing pesky ingrowing whiskers or ear and nasal hair.

maccruiskeen

Tie a loop of thread around the skin tag, then tie the other end to a brick. Carry the brick into a lift, press the button for the top floor, step back out as the doors close, leaving the brick inside. If the lift is out of order take the stairs to the top floor, prise open the lift doors and throw yourself down the shaft, making sure that the brick is wedged securely somewhere to prevent it following you down the shaft – that could be nasty.

mrchrispy

Very small shaped charge is the way to go

ampthill

I’ve seen a friend do an in growing toe nail with a swiss Army knife

My best is pushing a red hot paper clip finger nail to release the blood behind it. As directed to by NHS direct.

They did say if you wait in casualty for 4 hours we’ll do it for you

Cougar

I’ve done the knife / toenail thing. And rooted out a verruca when I was a teenager (though I didn’t know what it was at the time). Wow, can they ever bleed.

concept2

Soldering iron – steady hand.

Northwind

Come round mine, I’ll pop you in the lathe, won’t take a minute

crapjumper
    Free Member

I pulled one off my eyelid last year . I didn’t die either but it did sting like a bastard 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

I had a gurt cyst in my eyebrow once, about the size of a grape.. I took a scalpel to it

It was gross

oldnick

Skin tags – I tie dental floss round them, cover with a little bit of micropore and in a couple of days they have fallen off.

Chicken pox blisters drove me mad (it’s not the same when you have it again as an adult), I scratched one on my arm in my sleep until the edges came up. Felt too ill to get out of bed to sort it so I bit it off. Bled for ages but didn’t itch anymore and was pleasantly chewy too. Still got the scar 27 years later 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Done the hot needle into nail thing a few times.

Painful but ohhh the relief as the blood blister lets go!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Leave it see how big you can cultivate it 😆
    I am covered in the damn things particularly neck line and pits, some I have just tweaked off with fingers in sharp motion but they can really bleed for quite some time…..go to your docs and he will just lazier it off if it’s that much of a nuisance and there will be no blood, no risk and you can make sure it is just a simple skin tag too….. ❗

CheesybeanZ

Pictures Stu , we need pictures

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Maybe I’m a massive **** but I removed a chalazion once from my eyelid by doing so many hot compresses the stuff inside loosened up a bit, then I took a sterile pin and gouged a massive hole into it and squeezed it out through the hole. Was tempted to take a scalpel to it but didn’t trust myself with it near my eye, a pin was mildly less scary and easier to use on myself.

Done the lighter, swiss army knife and ingrown toenail one as well.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Home Surgery…’ is closed to new replies.