Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Home service of Boxxer r2c2 forks
  • breninbeener

The boxxer r2c2 forks need a service on my DH bike. I would like to have a go at servicing them myself. They havnt had lots of use, but i would definately like to change the seals and oil. Can i donthis without servicing the damper unit? If so, what seal kit/parts do i need? If anyone can recommend a good step by step guide or video that would be great. Thanks

Northwind

TBH it depends exactly what you want to do. Fluids and clean is pretty simple, stanchion seals a bit fiddly but still not hard, full service of the damper is a fairly involved job though, but if you don’t want to do it you just don’t do it. (it’d be smart to change the damper oil thogh- the whole compression damper assembly comes out as a lump)

will100
    Free Member

Doing a lower service on a set of boxxers is a simple job that should take well under an hour even if you haven’t done it before. All the service manuals are available on the sram website. This will also tell you how to service the damper which is a fairly easy job too but you don’t have to do this at the same time as a lower service.

breninbeener

Ok, thats encouraging thank you!

SirHC

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-tuesday-RockShox-BoXXer-TLC-2012.html

Getting seals out is easy, would recommend the seal driver for putting them back in. Would also recommend ditching the standard seals for the racing brothers seals (from TF), improves the sensitivity of the fork.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Home service of Boxxer r2c2 forks’ is closed to new replies.