Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Holy mother of christ. Xmas present for my girlfriend.
  • tron
    Free Member

To cut a long story short:

I ordered an item for my girlfriend’s Christmas gift in plenty of time. Seller turns out to be reliant on supplier deliveries in order to fulfil the order, and fails.

I did a load of shopping on Sunday and the end result is that I now have a carrier bag full of things, none of which really constitute a proper Christmas present.

So now I need to go shopping again.

Currently, I’m stumped. Needs to be around £50, not a handbag (got too many, unless someone does a good Chanel 2.55 lookalikey for not much cash), not perfume (bought that recently) and not Christmas gift rubbish (ie, gadgets, seasonally patterned items, experience days, make your own present etc.) or electrical. Skincare type stuff is all fully taken care of, and buying make-up is a bit of a minefield, although I am willing to go to MAC if needs be.

Stylish / quirky / luxurious items are a massive bonus.

Any ideas?

B@rney
    Free Member

Go to Mac shop/counter etc, ask the usual standard stunning ladies to help…

Job Done…!

RealMan
    Free Member

What was the original “item” you ordered?

tron
    Free Member

A Russian printed wool scarf – think of a pashmina with eastern european style prints on it and you’re there.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Large vibrator?

Expat
    Free Member

Vibrator?

tron
    Free Member

It doesn’t take long at all on STW does it?

stumpy01

Pandora/lovelinks style bracelet?

Voucher for manicure/facial at local beauty place?

DrJ

Bought my gf this skirt (Wolford Taisha)

http://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/wolfordonlineboutique/ctl500000220/cp500004970/si500463181/cl1/?cid=565&nsctrid=c2VtbKd1a6c1NDEyNjUyNFgxMTA3MTRDMTAxMTExMTkyOVSn

and as I won’t see her for a while she opened it just now and tried it on. Wow. Incredible 🙂

StirlingCrispin

Wedding ring?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Send her an E-card and go for a curry

emsz
    Free Member

Cashmere

Taff
    Free Member

Boots are doing the massive soap and glory gift set for £25 instead of £60. All the girls I know have gone mental for this stuff in the past.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

A nice bottle of pink moet champagne.

loddrik
    Free Member

A iron…

Alejandro
    Free Member

Get her a voucher for a massage place local to you… around £50 and she it bound to appreciate it. Had this reccomendation given to me by a friend when I was stumped on what to get my mum 😀

dave_aber
    Free Member

£50 including ‘extras’ ?

Harry_the_Spider

and some spare blades.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bang her back doors in on Christmas eve and she’ll be so made up she won’t care you’ve bought her a load of rubbish for Christmas…..

This is STW after-all.

I’m actually surprised it hasn’t been suggested already.

carbon337
    Free Member

A mate has bought hi pregnant gf a new washing machine. She went mental.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Buy her a strap on and let her bang YOUR back doors in.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Carbon – she’s pregnant so anything was equally possible to send her mental.

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Seconded for the pandora – girls going mad for em. Bonus is easy presents for ages as you can just buy her extra charms, job done.

Hairychested
    Free Member

tron
    Free Member

DrJ, that’s not a skirt, it’s just a very big buff!

Pandora’s not something she’s interested in. Just expensive kid’s stuff isnit?

Currently MAC looks like a favourite, but I’ve got to find a way of getting to a MAC shop whilst it’s open.

DavidB
    Free Member

wtf is a MAC shop?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

i think they sell waterproof overcoats

DavidB
    Free Member

Thats what worries me Mr Mungus. Surely she’ll keep the back doors firmly battened forever if she got some galoshes for xmas

andrewh
    Free Member

What Dave said. Lost this thread a bit…

{EDIT} What’s a MAC shop, rather than anything about galoshes, although one doesn’t really see them any more, wonder why?

I’ve bought some new trousers but they don’t work with my raincoat.
    Where did you buy your trousers?
    Issac Burton Menswear.
    Those are IBM trousers, they are not MAC compatible.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Holy mother of christ. Xmas present for my girlfriend.’ is closed to new replies.