Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hi-viz yellow, waterproof commuting shell: Recommendations please
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Any one care to vouch for a new commuting jacket for me?

Im looking for an unlined fully waterproof shell – not necessarily breathable.
    Pockets not necessary either – just something 100% waterproof that can be rolled up fairly small and is bright fluoro coloured, possible with some 3M reflective strips.
    Budget £25-40
    Cheers

organic355
    Free Member

I just got one of these in red, 1st commute this morning and loved it, lots of reflective bits bit prob too expensive for your price range at £67?
    Last years model is £49, maybe cheaper elsewhere?

d0ugal
    Free Member

Hi-viz yellow, waterproof commuting shell: Recommendations please

don't do it
    a step too far to the CTC(*) side

(*) i am a CTC member

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers organic – bit pricey for what I need.
    I just want something that can lie in the bottom of the saddlebag and only come out for 3 mile ride across the city when it's pouring down….I got wet last night 🙁

organic355
    Free Member

I just want something that can lie in the bottom of the saddlebag and only come out for 3 mile ride across the city when it's pouring down

Cant think of anything that would fit in a saddlebag apart from a black bin liner/cheap festival poncho? depending on how big the saddlebag is? I only have room for a spare tube, tyre levers and multitool.

Stoner
    Free Member

saddlebag:

vinnyeh

try carradice, but I don't know whether you're ready for a cape.

organic355
    Free Member

Ahhh, a big **** off saddle bag indeed.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I got a bright orange polaris shell from Halfrauds, havent really for around to trying it yet.

Like this

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_716787_langId_-1_categoryId_228859

devs
    Free Member

I got a last year model Altura Night Vision for just over 40 on ebay. Like it so far but haven't had a really wet ride to test it yet.

simonjf63
    Free Member

+1 for Altura Night Vision – used it for my London commute round the south circular before I moved north and it did the job nicely

epicsteve
    Free Member

+2 for the Night Vision.

steve_b77
    Free Member

How's about an Aldi one?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hi-viz yellow, waterproof commuting shell: Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.