Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Help! The Jehovas Witnesses won’t leave me alone! What can I do?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

A good while ago, I answered the door to a couple of JH bods. It was really pissing down, so I let them shelter from the cold and the rain, and gave them a cup of tea. Had an inertesting chat about greed, and it’s effects on our modern society. TBH, they din’t manage to get much of their doctrine over to me, as I managed to steer the condversation away from that area, whenever it seemed to pop up.

Trouble is, ever since, they have been ringing my buzzer, wanting to chat. This happens every couple of weeks or so. Now, I wooduv thought, after several times of being told ‘I’m a bit busy’, they might get the massage, and not bother with me (I have told them I’m agnostic, and secure in my own beliefs).

I really don’t want to be rude, or upset them, as they seem like nice (if ever so slightly confuddled) souls. But I just don’t want them thinking they can continue to doorstep me, in the hope I can be ‘converted’.

Any ideas on how I can gently persuade them I am in fact a Lost Cause, and not worth the time and bother?

I have no problem with their wanting to be who they are, it’s just not for me. And endless condverstations on Christianity aren’t going to change my mind.

No nasty or hateful suggestions please. I’ve no time for intolerance or malice.

crikey
    Free Member

School boy error.

You could tell them you’ve converted/reverted to Catholicism or Islam or what ever religion takes your fancy, or stop messing about and tell them that you really have no interest in their version of imagined silliness.

Coyote
    Free Member

Invite them in again. Whilst you are chatting (and this is a vital component) maintain constant eye contact. Now, let your “best” hand nonchalantly stray to your groin. Maintain intense eye contact. Unzip, release and start furiously masturbating, whilst maintaining eye contact. Finish, wipe on the curtains, shake their hands and show then to the door whilst thanking them for their visit and saying how much you are looking forward to the next one.

I doubt they’ll bother you again.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

answer the door naked.

RepacK
    Free Member

Not worth trying to explain why your not interested as this just a red rag to a bull – just tell them politely but firmly your not interested or stop answering the door to them or move..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

See those suggestions are just childish and idiotic.

They believe it’s their ‘mission’ to help others. They mean no malice.

Imagine you are out, and you see someone struggling to push start a car. You offer to help them. The expected response, from a decent person, would be ‘Ah, nice one, cheers, that’s very kind of you’, or, ‘no thanks, it’s ok, but thanks all the same’. Imagine that they instead turned round and said ‘f-you, f-off or I’ll kick your head in’, or, got their cobbly-bobblers out and started ‘masturbating furiously’.

How would you feel? After all, you’ve only tried to offer help.

So, anyone got any intelligent and less insensitive suggestions?

I am aware that asking for religious tolerance on here is a dangerous game…

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Next time let them in and show them some of your posts on here….chances are high that they will get bored to tears and never bother you again

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Repack- problem is, that they’ve seen my giving them shelter and sustenance as an act of Christian kindness, and are convinced I am ‘one of them’! I just really don’t want to upset them; they seem like nice folk. Human beings.

RudiBoy; now that’s an idea…. 😀

PePPeR

Your problem was you showed sympathy in the first place, that was a fatal error and one that you will now suffer for for the rest of the time at that address.

You could get someone else to open the door, and say that the previous owner/tennant said that the Jehovahs witnesses kept bothering him and that you’ve moved out. Then the person doing your dirty work for you can do the usual slamming the door in the face etc.

I just never talk to them, just say no thank you and close the door, never ever try and have an even simple conversation with them as its exactly what they want.

nukeproof
    Free Member

I just really don’t want to upset them; they seem like nice folk.

So are most sales persons or they wouldn’t sell…until you’ve signed on the line, as it were. What would you say to a double-glazing sales person who was cold calling?

nickc

They’ll get the messsage eventually. Just keep on telling them that you’re fine with your chosen way of life. Like you say, no need to get stroppy, or upset, but there’s no harm in telling them not to come round again.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah crikey has the answer ….. fancy telling them that you’re an agnostic ffs – they would hardly have been doing their job if they just said, “OK in that case we won’t bother you anymore” 😯

You should have told them that you’re a muslim. On the extremely rare occasions that they come to me, I am very polite to them (I like Jehovas Witnesses – it’s nice to know that someone cares enough to want to save your soul) and tell them that I am a Catholic. We exchange pleasantries, they remind me that I will probably go to hell, I promise to read the couple of copies of Watch Tower which they give me (and I usually do).

The whole thing lasts a couple of minutes, everybody is happy, and I don’t see them again for several years. Job done.

Although I quite like Coyote’s suggestion 😯

Mikkel
    Free Member

Just tell them politely that you are not interested and would appreciate it if they would stay away.
    They will stay away if you ask them to.

crikey
    Free Member

Are you bothered by evangelizing JWs who keep coming to your door? Here’s a peaceful and non-hostile way to get your address on their “do not knock” list, and never be bothered by them again. Telling them that you’re a Christian already, or a Mormon, a Jew, or even a Satanist doesn’t work. They get fired up with the holy zeal of conversion.

Simply say, “I was a Jehovah’s Witness myself; in fact, I was a Special Pioneer before I was disfellowshipped.” Say that to a JW and they’ll never come back.

Using the right jargon is crucial. Full-time door-to-door workers are called “Regular Pioneers”. Full-time door-knockers who have stricter quotas are called “Special Pioneers”. The door-to-door work is called “the Service”, and anyone who rejects the JW message is called a “goat”.

JWs can be disfellowshipped for many different reasons, including speaking to a disfellowshipped Witness, celebrating Christmas, reciting the pledge of allegiance, joining the military, or running for political office. Fellow members are then required to shun him or her completely, having no contact even if the disfellowshipped person is a family member. (From this article.) One former elder was even excommunicated for speaking out on sexual abuse.

I used this technique only once. Now, JWs will literally cross the street rather than walk in front of our house, in case I open the door and try to talk to them. Acknowledging my existence would get them disfellowshipped

From t’internet….

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Just politely say you’re not interested and you don’t want to waste their time. It’s honest and polite, and they’ll respect that.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Rudeboy get yourself one of these for your front door mate guarranteed 100% JW safe 😆

Coyote
    Free Member

Lighten up for ffs.

It’s easy. Invite them in. Explain you have sympathy with what they are trying to do but that you are really not interested as you are comfortable in your own beliefs. Point out that further visits will be viewed as harassment and you’d really rather not fall out with them.

higgo
    Free Member

Invite them in. Explain you have sympathy with what they are trying to do but that you are really not interested as you are comfortable in your own beliefs.

Oh aye. And replying to spam with ‘unsubscribe’ in the title is a good idea too.

surfer
    Free Member

MTFU and tell them politely and firmly not to bother you again.

I prefer the honest approach and you all know where you stand.
    If you feel that is being insensitive then then you deserve all you get.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

See, I wooduv thought that the number of times I’ve told them I’m ‘too busy’, would tell them I’m not really inertested. I must say, I admire their persistence.

As for ‘deserving all I get’, I spose a it of inconvenience is a small price to pay, to avoid upsetting someone who has nothing but good intentions, ultimately.

As for MingTFU; I’d say it’s praps easier and weaker to be rude, than to take someone else’s feeling into consideration.

Ah, sod it; they’re not really doing anyone any harm.

enfht
    Free Member

This isnt meant with any malice but you have a lot in common with them RB.

You spread your slant on reality on STW and “preach” your nonsense to the unconverted

But unlike the “Hovis Biscuits” knocking at your door you are actually very critical of those who don’t agree with you. A recent example being the guy who was unconvinced that the EU gravy train is good for the UK, you called him a xenophobe. I too have been called a nazi by you. A term you rightly deem to be very nasty which I’m sure you’ll now back up with “proof”.

Let them in, tell them why you dont agree with their beliefs and listen to how they deal with that. And maybe you might loose your blinkers a bit mate 😉

This is a genuine post and not intended to start another game of ping pong.

I’m off for a ride, can’t believe I’m wasting good riding time typing!

pacemaker
    Free Member

Tell them you have started working unsocial hours, you now sleep at random times so can they email you there views, and possibly the pdf file of the latest watch tower.
    Then pick some random STW’er’s email address and give it to them…
    (not mine though please!)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Imagine you are out, and you see someone struggling to push start a car. You offer to help them. The expected response, from a decent person, would be ‘Ah, nice one, cheers, that’s very kind of you’, or, ‘no thanks, it’s ok, but thanks all the same’. Imagine that they instead turned round and said ‘f-you, f-off or I’ll kick your head in’, or, got their cobbly-bobblers out and started ‘masturbating furiously’.

How would you feel?

I’d probably not feel like going back to that house.
    Which I thought was the point.

spooky_b329

A couple of the above posters have got it.

You just need to ask that they don’t call again…apparently they are pretty good and keep a record of who doesn’t want to be visited.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Pulls up chair….

shands
    Free Member

Last time the door knockers came I was in a pair of too tight rugby shorts, with no tshirt on, my baby having spewed all over the one I had on. Said baby screaming in the background and a lady and her two teenager daughters turned up. Probably not the correct way to answer the door, but hey. Said lady had a look of horror on her face and muttered something about Jehovah. Said I wasn’t interested thank you and that poor lady couldn’t wait to get her impressionable children off my door step quick enough. That was the conversation and she had turned away before I shut the door.
    Strangely enough I have never been bothered since. And I have seen them about quite abit. Maybe they have blackballed me, oh dear how sad!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

This is a genuine post and not intended to start another game of ping pong.

So, why use this thread, where I’m asking for genuine advice, to have a pop at me then? 🙄

If I mean so much to you, I’ll send you a signed picture. 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

I have told them I’m agnostic, and secure in my own beliefs

Does that make sense?!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes. Perfectly.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

strangely had an oldish lady tried to convert me whilst out on my bike, had stopped for a rest at a carpark at the local woods she started by telling me that jw’s think cycling is the best from of transport did think this was a very wierd way in but politly told her that i have been a buddhist for the last 20years and wished her well,she responded by telling me that Budda wouldn’t be able to save me from going to hell,rode off think that the last bit was a bit rude and unnessary.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

fatsimon – she has a valid point though, buddha can’t save you from going to someplace that doesn’t exist.
    however, it’s a bit surprising that you haven’t noticed that, where buddhists are generally polite individuals with respect for all living things, committed christians are usually arrogant **** with no conception of anything outside their own blinkered and biased perspectives.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

might seem excessive, but i recommend:

Come on in, old painless is waiting

failing that keep Slayers “Reign In Blood” cue’s up on the hi-fi ready to play next time they come around and get yourself done up like this

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

she responded by telling me that Budda wouldn’t be able to save me from going to hell,rode off think that the last bit was a bit rude and unnessary.

How was that ‘rude and unnecessary’ ffs ?

I think her informing you of your dire predicament, was really rather kind of her.
    And presumably, she also felt it was rather important and necessary.

Ungrateful bashturd 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

committed christians are usually arrogant **** with no conception of anything outside their own blinkered and biased perspectives.

None of the ones I know are anything like that, actually.

And that’s surely ‘pots and kettles’, there, BBSB… 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

You could try talking to them about Thatcher?

dalepoint
    Free Member

next time they come answer the door butt naked and ask if they want to come in for some fun.

Shandy
    Free Member

Rudeboy I’d have thought you’d enjoy the attention.

surfer
    Free Member

Ah, sod it; they’re not really doing anyone any harm.

Unless you are one of their children brainwashed into refusing medical treatment to combat curable diseases or blood transfusions post accident.

surfer
    Free Member

As for MingTFU; I’d say it’s praps easier and weaker to be rude, than to take someone else’s feeling into consideration

Who said be rude? certainly not me. I said be polite and firm. Have you ever had to split up from a partner? How did you do it?

mattsccm
    Free Member

why worry about being rude? They have failed to have any respect for your wishes so having made an attempt to be polite I would say that you have done more than they deserve.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Help! The Jehovas Witnesses won’t leave me alone! What can I do?’ is closed to new replies.