Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP !!!!! Rockshox pike rct3 problem.
  • tonup
    Free Member

Decided my pikes needed a service so i purchased the essential seals and oils, familiarised myself with the process and on i cracked.
    removed the lowers and cleaned and replaced seals.
    removed the solo air spring and replaced all seals and re greased as suggested,
    replaced the air spring with piston fully extended, re fitted the lowers and fully compressed the lowers and torque set the bottom bolts,
    reset the air pressure to my usual riding pressure and the forks where silky smooth.
    so today off i went to wharncliffe with the lads and as the ride went on the forks where becoming more and more stiffer to compress and also rebounding slower.
    as soon as i got home i repeated the process and double checked everything.
    once again the forks felt lovely and plush.
    decided to take the dog for a quick walk half hour ago and i rode the bike bouncing all the way.
    im pretty sure its starting to take more effort to compress them and the rebound appears to be getting slower again,
    can anyone shed any light cos im just about ready for smashing them to bits.
    thanks in advance folks.

dirtydog
    Free Member

re fitted the lowers and fully compressed the lowers and torque set the bottom bolts,

Did you bolt the lowers up whilst the stanchions where fully compressed or fully extended?

If compressed then you will have created a vacuum in the lowers when you re-inflated, if this is the case undo the lower leg bolts and release the lowers, this will allow the pressure in lowers to equalize with atmospheric pressure (no need to remove) and retighten blots/crush washer. Alternatively with forks fully extended push a cable tie down past the dust/oil seals, this will also allow the pressure to equalize.

tonup
    Free Member

Yeah, i compressed the forks fully, then tightened the bolts as stated on the youtube tutorial.
    is this wrong then ?

robhughes
    Free Member

Yes.Fully extend them before you tighten up.

RickDraper
    Free Member

That MBR video has a lot to answer for. Bloke is a halfwit.

robhughes
    Free Member

What you have done is the same as the cable tie down the seals with no pressure in the fork and fully compresssed. Uter tosh.
    Easily sorted out though as above.

tonup
    Free Member

Gunna have another try today.
    And yeah. Was the mbr video. Lol
    Thanks guys.
    Ill let you know how I get on ! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP !!!!! Rockshox pike rct3 problem.’ is closed to new replies.