Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help needed from photographers/camera techs?
  • soulstealer
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got an older DSLR (ancient in technology terms) a Fuji S2 pro.
    Its basically a Nikon body and takes Nikon lenses but was built by Fuji before Nikon entered the DSLR market. Although its old I love using it and have no cash for a new camera body as you guessed it,I’ve spent it all on bikes!

On a recent trip out I took a few pics and on viewing them on the cameras LCD they appeared like this:

problem picture

Got home uploaded them to the computer and they look the same on there.
    Tried a different CF card same problem, tried different lenses, you guessed it same problem. I thought it might be a problem with the mirror but it seems to be moving fine. Done loads of searches online using different terms and can’t find any reference to this problem on anyone else’s camera.
    Anyone got any ideas or knows of anywhere I could take it in the Birmingham/Worcestershire area who might be able to tell me what’s wrong or if it’s worth fixing.

Any help would be brilliant
    cheers in advance
    D

Hadge
    Free Member

Sorry can’t help with the fault but I doubt it’s worth repairing in all honesty. There’s a lovely one on eBay right now going for £99 or offers and a repair will almost certainly be somewhere near that cost unless it’s a very quick fix.
    Did the problem show itself on the LCD rear screen when you took the pictures or if you previewed them?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

If its on the preview on the LCD and when uploaded from the memory card Id assume its a sensor problem. No idea how much but Id presume expensive on an older camera, if its even repairable.

soulstealer
    Free Member

Yes showed up on cameras LCD as well as on computer once uploaded 😥
    Kind of my thoughts about the repair but was being hopeful!
    Thanks for reply

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Guessing its a problem with the shutter curtain being stuck

If so not worth repairing because it would require a new shutter assembly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help needed from photographers/camera techs?’ is closed to new replies.