Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me plan a memorial ride please – ideas stage.
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

As I mentioned in my other thread I am looking to do a memorial ride for my father inlaw. Just now I am simply looking for loose ideas as to what kind of ride would be doable. The only current criteria is that it has to start at Land’s End and finish at John O’Groats.

Fire away with your ideas please.

wwaswas

I’d find a route that meant a lot to him and do that – doesn’t have to be a long ride, maybe, just somethign significant to him?

maybe some sort of group/family ride rather than a solo effort?

IHN

First off, what happend to your FiL was awful, condolences.

I once met a fella doing JOGLE, but via the coast. That’s a looong way.

glupton1976
    Free Member

wwaswas – That would leave us with LEJOG via a random route or Oban to Antalya as the two options. He didn’t really do short rides.

druidh
    Free Member

Places that were significant in his life?
    Was he in the services? Say it was the RAF – you could link up air bases.
    Or visit the 4 capitals – or do Lizard, Lowestoft, Ardnamurchan Point and Dunnet Head.

DavidB
    Free Member

glupton, I have a Lejog route that goes up the Hebrides and is truly wild. It is designed to completely avoid backroads and be done as a light wieght self-supported trip.

The route is here

A sort of blig is here [ignore the bad weather moaning ;-)]

glupton1976
    Free Member

Anyone from the evening shift got any ideas?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

George, not been on here for a while and was so sorry to hear your news.

LEJOG at your own pace visiting some nice spots is what I would go for but whatever you do I’m sure it would be appropriate 🙂

You’re recall I was in Frenchay at the end of March too..

As it turns out, I’ve just learnt that 2 year old Wren was there at the same time having suffered another nasty accident. In large part due to the skill and dedication of the head and brain injury team she survived. Her uncle and dad have organised a ride to raise funds for Headway:

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Toddler-millimetre-tragedy-fall-leaves-pencil/story-16479983-detail/story.html

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/Ride4Recovery

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me plan a memorial ride please – ideas stage.’ is closed to new replies.