Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me choose my new steed !!!
  • andydevil
    Free Member

New bike choice narrowed down to Mondraker Foxy R, Lapierre Zesty 514, Stumpjumper Evo or Tomac Snyper. I’ve got test rides booked over the next few weeks but any opinions / experience would be much appreciated.

Cheers

anotherstan
    Free Member

bed stead?

cynic-al
    Free Member

don’t buy anything without riding a Santa Cruz

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Steed aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andydevil
    Free Member

Cheers guys, its been a long day….. W2 in all that rain today has frazzled my brains !

Valleyboy
    Free Member

not sure what you’re after travel wise or the type of riding you do, but i’ve just taken order of a Cove G spot frame, built it up and have been ridding it for the past two weeks its absolutely amazing, 6″ travel with lyric u-turns weighs in at around 34lbs. Took it to the down hill at Hamesterley today loads of fun!!

andydevil
    Free Member

Anyone else got experience of these bikes ? Decisions, decisions, decisions……

flyingfox
    Free Member

Rode the Tomac and was really impressed to be honest but I thought expensive and a bit heavy for the money. For me, it’s between the Foxy and the Lapierre. Lapierre feels longer but these things can be altered to some extent yourself. I love the Lapierres as they are a great all-rounder but my limited experience of the Foxy shows that their suspension is super-supple downhill but a great climber.

You need to tell us what riding you like, how long you like your bikes, how “different” you want to be etc. etc.!! Everyone knows how great Lapierres are (don’t they?) but not everyone realises how amazing the bigger travel Mondrakers are.

rclvp
    Free Member

Zesty for pure fun and beauty, they ride brilliant, the hardest bike i have ever had to sell, as in, I really didn’t want to because it was so great – though warranty issues have been rife and dealing with Lapierre is not the simplest.

Stumpjumper Evo for the most surprising and amazing all round trail bike, it was blown away at how this rode compared to the normal Stumpy , Spec have a fantastic customer service record – Most likely one of the most popular bikes of the year so don’t buy if you want to be niche.

The foxy is such a lively bike and really handles everything you throw at it. For trail centre and general shredding this bikes angles are spot on (imo), definitely get a demo if you can – distributed through a smallish distributor, can be a hard to get parts and long lead time on spares/warranties.

The tomac is built to last and rides like you know it, not the most innovative bike around, but an absolute workhorse that will reward you for putting in the effort. Not light and not cheap, think about your priorities. Add a dropper post, heavy wheelset and you may regret it.

All of the bikes would be a brilliant buy, though it depends on your background with bikes and riding style, as this could really affect my vote. get out and ride them.

andydevil
    Free Member

Thanks again guys. Any more for any more……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

don’t buy anything without riding a Santa Cruz

Becasue then you’ll realise that you are not, in fact, chucking anywhere near as much money down the drain as some people do…… 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose my new steed !!!’ is closed to new replies.