Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help me choose a lap top please
  • Pigface
    Free Member

My old Dell Inspiron 9300 is dieing by degrees, it has done well it is near on 8 years old but the screen is decomposing and it is so slow.

Want similar screen size dont want to pay a fortune.

Help please.

donsimon
    Free Member

I saw a nice black one today. You should get it. It looked really, really good.

Cougar

It’s hard to recommend something when you’ve got such exacting requirements. I’d suggest you get another laptop, maybe something of a similar size to your old one.

Pigface
    Free Member

Cougar and don Simon thank you very much 😆

scaredypants

I like dell laptops – I suppose they’re not quite the best but keyboards are nice and there’s a dell outlet plus NDC (refurbs) who sell ’em cheaper than list

Cougar

Well, throw us a bone here. It’s like going “recommend me a bike, one like my old one, with a wheel at each end.”

What’s your usage? A laptop for occasional web use is going to be wildly different from a games platform or a graphic design system. You want one of a similar screen size to your old one; how big is that? Do you mean inches or resolution? We’re not psychic (and I’m damned if I’m googling to find out information you could’ve readily given us).

Did you like the old Dell? Happy as a brand? Or did you hate every minute of it?

If your only requirement is ‘cheap’ and a given size, I’d suggest going to Cash Converters, pretty much everything they have there will meet your needs.

Generic advice, go for an established brand name rather than a shop own-brand. Prioritise memory over CPU. Other than that, who knows until you tell us what you need.

donsimon
    Free Member

Well, throw us a bone here. It’s like going “recommend me a bike, one like my old one, with a wheel at each end.”

I saw a black one today, it did in fact have wheels and everything, it looked really, really nice. The red one looked faster, but the black one was really, really nice.

Pigface
    Free Member

Don stop being silly 😉

Cougar cheers, happy with Dell its been great, only use it for messing on the web, music,photos, watching stuff. Dont have to use it for work stuff so it is just a toy really.

donsimon
    Free Member

😥
    I had a Dell for several years and the build quality was ace, I’m now with a cheaper Acer that has lots of bells and whistles but not the build quality.
    I’d possibly look at Samsung as they’ve got some offers knocking around.
    FYI my Acer is black. 😆

schrickvr6
    Free Member

There are some well price Fujitsus on Ebuyer at the mo, a Core Duo for £280, a slightly better specced one for £300 or a nice I3 for £350.

Pigface
    Free Member

Don as black as your soul? 😉

matt_outandabout

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1097214.html

Thumping spec with graphics card / i3/ 6gb and mine is built really well.

And a ‘black’ one for you 😉
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_IdeaPad_Z370_in_Pink_1105897.html

donsimon
    Free Member

I ain’t got no soul.

matt_outandabout

But I got money

SkillWill
    Free Member

Have recently bought an Asus UX31e and love it, very impressive. It’s an ‘Ultrabook’ – SSD, thin, long battery life, powerful (Quad core i7) etc. I use it on my lap and then plug it into a screen for development.

Highly recommended.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31E

Cougar

That Lenovo is an absolute corker for the price, agreed.

The Asus is a thing of beauty, but I bet it wasn’t cheap.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a lap top please’ is closed to new replies.