Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Since having kids I just don’t seem to ride (off road) anymore. Not helped by the fact that I live an hours drive in any direction to any decent riding. For the first time ever I think I’m about to sell the MTB and just ride the hybrid (may get a Roadrat) and try and get into runnimg as it just takes a half hour or so each evening.

I am wracked with guilt at the prospect, really really.

Anyone else done anything similar? I think I need reassurance that selling the bike, the one thing I enjoy over all else, will not be the worst thing I could ever do…

TBH there isn’t much point it sitting in the loft unused.

mboy
    Free Member

The key to doing more riding is having a bike suited to the terrain where you live.

So if there’s no trails, then getting a road bike will mean you get out more undoubtedly! Similarly if all your trails are as taxing as a bridlepath, then a rigid Singlespeed might help out there.

Don’t sell the MTB though, you’ll regret it if you do. Can guarantee the weekend after you sell it, some mates will give you a shout saying they’re going riding over XYZ and do you fancy it…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

**** the road rat, get a proper road bike and shave your legs aswell.

tazzymtb

Keep the bike! kids get older and the amount of available time increases again. Even if at the moment you just plan the odd “special day out” to make the most of it.

or sell it, be a miserable grumpy bugger and resent the children for making give up the one thing you enjoy in life. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

How old are the kids? Can’t you share the activity at weekends? Maybe a change of bike might be a good idea, if you could use something for commuting or popping out for an hour or so at lunchtime? Just to keep your hand in, like.

MartynS

better to sell the kids than the bike…..

MarkyG82

Sell up, use the money to get a bike that you will use, when lifestyle changes go back to real riding.

igm

Weeride.
    LOCT.

Father and child bonding time. Tazzy had to put up with our older one at SSEC last year as we were two tents down (actually a campervan for us) – he can just about remember you Tazzy. And he can recognize Charlie the Bikemonger at 50 yards.

mboy
    Free Member

or sell it, be a miserable grumpy bugger and resent the children for making give up the one thing you enjoy in life.

[Harry Enfield Voice]Is that what you want, cos that’s what’ll ‘appen!{/Harry Enfield Voice]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me….’ is closed to new replies.