Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help, I'm sick!
  • Alpha1653

Afternoon all, I’m after some advice from the ST collective. I’ve been ill for the last 4 days (coughing, vomiting, 40 degree temp, sweats, no appetite and all the extras) and have dropped a scary 11lbs. I’m now able to hold down food and liquids and the temperature’s gone but does anyone have any ways to hasten recovery? I’ve still got a dry, non-productive cough which is getting thoroughly on my nerves as well.

Any advice is much appreciated!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Think you should see a doctor not the Interweb massive

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m sure it is………how about some “medical” advice ?

Your GP should be able to offer you some 💡

woody2000

40 deg temp! Are you sure? Get to the docs, pronto

Xylene
    Free Member

Winter Vomitting Bug – goes away, don’t worry about it.

Alpha1653

Yeah, already been to a doctor: got given some paracetemol to get my temperature back down and got told to rest. I’m definitely on the mend but was just wondering if anyone had anything they have found effective for getting back up to speed?

Xylene
    Free Member

40 deg temp! Are you sure? Get to the docs, pronto

Last time I had one of my annual 24 hour flu burn ups I got up to 41 on my digital thermormeter for a couple of hours. I wasn’t overly happy at that point and made the decision that if it hit 42 I would call an ambulance.

It never did. Fever all of a sudden broke and I pretty much squirted sweat from every pore for hours until I felt fine again.

Alpha1653

I got up to 41 on my digital thermormeter for a couple of hours. I wasn’t overly happy at that point

Ha! I bet. Like I said, the temperature’s gone and I’m on the mend but just wondering if anyone had a magic formula for recovery to get back on my bike sooner rather than later!

tankslapper
    Free Member

MTFU!

Whole tankslapper clan down with this one – it will go away, see the Quack and expect the cough to go on and on and on and on………..

project
    Free Member

Alpha1653 – Member
    Afternoon all, I’m after some advice from the ST collective. I’ve been ill for the last 4 days (coughing, vomiting, 40 degree temp, sweats, no appetite and all the extras) and have dropped a scary 11lbs. I’m now able to hold down food and liquids and the temperature’s gone but does anyone have any ways to hasten recovery? I’ve still got a dry, non-productive cough which is getting thoroughly on my nerves as well.

Posted 33 minutes ago # Report-Post

Youre obviously suffering from Singletrack subscription withdrawal syndrome, when the postie arrives youll feel better 😀

tankslapper
    Free Member

Youre obviously suffering from Singletrack subscription withdrawal syndrome, when the postie arrives youll feel better

or worse………. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just wondering if anyone had a magic formula for recovery to get back on my bike sooner rather than later!

My magic formula would be to get back on the bike later rather than sooner, otherwise you’ll be back to square one. Give your body a chance to recover before putting any demands on it.

Alpha1653

tankslapper – Member
    MTFU!

I tried that but got sent home from work with a “if you give me that bug then stand by young man” sort of look. It was quite withering I can tell you.

It had never occurred to me that Singletrack subscription withdrawal syndrome was the cause. Quite easily remedied though. I might even precede it by a unhealthy dose of MBUK to emphasise ST’s goodness – thanks for the tip.

Alpha1653

@ernie_lynch: thanks, simple but very fair bit of advice.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye, eat well and rest, don’t MTFU in terms of riding again.

Who was here had PVFS?

elaineanne
    Free Member

its a dreaded lurgy bug going around at the mo sickness diorhia, mostly sickness coughing. tis the season to be sicky ! our school is full of it at the mo… i was thinking of walking in armed to the teeth in a special suit this week..urgh i dont wana catch that. anyone got a fish bowl for me head too dont want kids breathing on me either ! lol 👿 :mrgreen:

Alpha1653

@cynic-al: no objection to eating and sleeping…I’m quite good at that!

@Elaine
    Anne: I’d love to see someone teach with a goldfish bowl on their head in an effort to stay healthy (as if wearing a goldfish bowl in the first place wasn’t indication enough that your efforts are somewhat too late!)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help, I'm sick!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM