Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help – I want to ride my Stumpy Evo (lost in BB30 confusion)
  • kunoichi
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new Stumpjumper Evo frame but due to going round in circles looking for a PressFit30 bottom bracket solution, dream bike is still unridden after 3 weeks of having it!

To save pennies I wanted to get a bottom bracket adapter so I could fit my Shimano SLX cranks, but what is seemingly the best (although perhaps temporary) adaptor – this SRAM Press fit 30 one – is out of stock EVERYWHERE in 68/73mm until much later this month or July. It’s a similar story with the Wheels Manufacturing and other similar solutions – out of stock or order from the US.

I can’t be bothered to go around in circles anymore so might just buy some BB30 cranks and a PF30 bottom bracket. Problem is, I’m still not really sure what is available that will fit.

I’ve seen both e-thriteen (though perhaps not DH versions if a more xc/am one is available) and Gravity Light ones as possibilities. Will these work? I really don’t want to spend anymore than £150. For info I run a dual ring at the front (2 x 9).

Any ideas? Has anyone else been through the Press Fit 30 saga?

brakes
    Free Member

can your local Specialized dealer not order you one?
    that’s what I did – although for a different BB size.
    ring Specialized UK and see if they stock them, get the part number and take it to your nearest Specialized dealer for them to order.

batman11
    Free Member

I had the same issue with a pivot frame I had last year and the shimano bb71/91 are basically the same thing ! That way you can use your slx cranks with no issue. I used xt ones standard axel lengths and all.
    Crc have them in stock to just had a check.
    Good luck
    Bats.

kunoichi
    Free Member

Thanks batman11. Both the bb71 and bb 91 say they are for a 89.5mm/92mm Shell. Is that what you needed for your frame? My BB shell is 68mm

thefallguy
    Free Member

Its a minefield no doubt, my evo is a warranty replacement and i had to source everything. I got an SRAM pf30 bottom bracket from high on bikes off eBay last week he had plenty of stock and arrived next day, I was using stand cranks so needed some wheels manufacturing adapters- ordered those from swinnerton cycles on line and they came within a few days.

kunoichi
    Free Member

thefallguy – you may have just made my day. Just ordered both those parts so here’s hoping I’ll be out on the Stumpy next week. 😀
    Cheers, Katie

thefallguy
    Free Member

Thats good news, I hope you love riding your new bike as much as I’ve enjoyed mine!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help – I want to ride my Stumpy Evo (lost in BB30 confusion)’ is closed to new replies.