Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • helmet cam mount on Bell stoker
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

hi, has anyone been able to mount a helmet cam on a stoker helmet or will I just be pissin in the wind?

Ive got a stoker and giro xen but they don’t come with camera mounts.

What are my options? don’t fancy a chest mount to be honest. I might have to buy a Bell super as their price has been slashed.

thanks

wombat

I stuck a GoPro mount (a curved one, not a flat one) on the top of my Stoker (easy now, no sniggering at the back) and it’s been solid for a few rides now and is still showing no signs of shifting.

I do run a safety lanyard from the camera through a couple of the vents but that’s a just-in-case thing and hasn’t been required.

andyl
    Free Member

lanyard is a great idea. Been wondering this also but was concerned with it coming off.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I used a GoPro mount to bodge a light mount, but you can use it for a camera too I do believe!

I put it at the front and cut a little bit of the peak away to fit it, then some Sugru round the gaps. Seems to be holding up well.

thegreatape
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/r4oqcJ]Untitled[/url] by thegreatape, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/r4oqTo] [/url] by thegreatape, on Flickr

wombat

That looks smart.

I mounted mine just behind the vent behind your mount (if you know what I mean)

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was torn between the two positions, but reckoned that it was less likely to catch on anything at the front.

fingerbang
    Free Member

cheers greatape – that looks good. did you just use a junior hacksaw on the peak?

Im a gopro virgin so would I be able to bodge-mount my hope vision 2 light on there? (just in time for the light evenings :cry:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘helmet cam mount on Bell stoker’ is closed to new replies.